Ignorance Is Bliss - Prologue

CURRENTLY EDITING, SORRY FOR ANY...MISSING LINKS!

--------------------->   Vote button is right there! (Please...?)

P.S: I am AUSTRALIAN! So whislt I do have sporadic spelling and grammar errors, sometimes it may just be the different ways of spelling things here :P (e.g: 'colour' instead of color.)

Enjoy! <3 Taryn :))

 ---

"Ignorance Is Bliss" : The lack of knowlege to a situation. Usually once the whole truth is revealed you realize you were happier being clueless.

---

Ignorance Is Bliss - Prologue

I tapped my biro impatiently against the corner of my desk. This was probably the most boring biology class ever. Mr. Sinnot seemed to be rattling on about something along the lines of the reproductive system and I had decided it was too disgusting to even bother to listen.

The boys in the class seemed to be going completely "ape" over the fact the topic was finally about sex, but the girls were all just crossing their arms, all feeling really uncomfortable.  

"So, what is the reproductive system responsible for?" Mr. Sinnot asked.

He was looking directly at me, so I assumed he wanted me to answer.

I pondered on what to say for a minute.

"It's responsible for sex!" Some guy cried out from the back of the classroom, before I even had the chance to say anything. I rolled my eyes as all his mates began to chuckle at his 'joke'.

"If you can’t handle this, get out!" Mr. Sinnot shouted.

Embarrassed and nonplussed, the guy from the back stood up and stalked out of the room, shoulders drooping. Mr. Sinnot always put students in their place and he was damn good at it.

Mr. Sinnot then focuses his attention back onto me. "Miss Scott? Do you know what the reproductive system is responsible for?"

"Um... making..." I began, thinking for a moment. "Making babies?"

Everyone burst out laughing, and I felt my cheeks begin to flush.

"SHUT UP!" Mr. Sinnot yelled. I looked down at my notebook and pretended to write something, to cover up my humiliation.

Just then there was a knock on the door. It was Mrs. Blume, our School Principal. By her side was a tall, fair-haired, damn attractive guy. The longer I studied him, the more familiar he began to look.

Wait a minute! I did know him. Ten years ago when I was only seven years old. I thought was my one true love, he was my childhood sweetheart. He was...oh, what was his name again?

Pierre Dutre.