Chapter #8: A Day With The Magic Slab

☠Locklin's P.O.V☠

I stayed hidden in the very corner of the sorceress's room keeping myself on the wall my arms locked in place, my tail occasionally flicking as I watched Leif sneak in. He brought his sickles up over the sorceress and I was ready to lunge myself at him but Noi deflected them with his daggers "You! What're you doing here?!" They whisper-yelled to each other "I'm here to kill the sorceress! What does it look like?" Leif spoke sass in his voice "No because I'm here to kill her!" Noi growled softly "I thought you said you liked her...?!" "I do!"  "Then why would you wanna kill her?" "Though she's nice she scares me with how powerful she is... plus if I kill her you all have to acknowledge that I'm better than anyone here!" Noi replied, Leif laughed.

"I'm trained to do this! The only reason you're one of Prince Asch's guards in because he felt pity on you" "Shut up! I can do this! I've done it before!" I chuckled sliding down the wall, summoning my bow, the quiver that goes with the bow slinging over my shoulder causing my clay-more swords to disappear "I'll give the two of you three seconds to step away from Sorceress Ava." 

"Look what you did Noi, you've alerted someone" Leif rolled his eyes "It wasn't just me!" Noi yelped quietly. "You two better back away before I shoot" I growled drawing my bow back. "Someone this powerful deserves to be ended by me!" Leif growled to me "Besides Noi, you always hesitate." "True" I agreed, my bow still drawn "I do not!" "Fine." I put my bow down and loosened the string so it was no longer drawn out threatening to shoot it's  arrow "Then do it." I nodded towards the human already knowing that he would be unable to kill her. 

"I will!" Noi drew his arms up in the air and looked at the sleeping sorceress pausing for a moment "See, you hesitate" Leif smirked "Shut up!" Noi whined through clenched teeth, Rhys barging into the room "What are you three doing in here?! If she wakes she'll kill us" "More of a reason for us to kill her first!" Leif responded "I was just doing as Prince Asch had ordered me Rhys, protecting the sorceress." 

"If anything her flaw is she sleeps too heavily, for a human sorceress." Leif spoke ignoring me "If she hasn't woken up by now there nothing that cou-" the small rectangular shaped box started making a loud noise, the human groaned moving "Leif... whats happening..?!" Rhys yelped "Shut it up...!" I yelped as well, Leif picked up the box and started bashing it against the headboard but that hadn't done a thing.

It continued making the noise and soon Rhys yelled "Everyone out! Run!" We all got out of the sorceress' room running and/or teleporting to our mini palace.

After quite awhile of silence Leif growled aloud "Since we've been here nothing has happened! Not fighting, no blood shed!" "Nothing!" I snarled crossing my arms "Leif, try to understand we-" "I've had enough of your talk Rhys! We're here to stop the scary magic crisis on Daemos but none of you would even know how to live without magic would you?!" "I know how to live perfectly fine without magic thank you!" I scoffed "Why does matter Leif? You work for me now and if you know whats best for you, you'd stand down and hold your tongue next time before I rip it out same goes for you Locklin. Hold. Your. Tongue." I looked to Asch stepping closer to him, our faces close.

"Make. Me." Asch growled readying to activate his fire "Why is everyone acting so... hostile all of a sudden..?" Noi whispered to Pierce "I'm not sure. Maybe the lack of hostility on this planet has something to do with it?" Pierce mumbled back "I am done toying with Ava! I am done worrying about this fucking magic crisis! Lets just take her magic and cool it!" "That... actually sounds like a good idea." Noi spoke after Leif's angry yelling, I nodded agreeing with the two "Noi... One human won't sustain Daemos forever."

"Finally I have been waiting to take her out!" Leif took out his sickles. I was still looking deeply into Asch's eyes anger flaring in both of our eyes. I quickly turned towards Leif, drawing my magic bow "No! I've been the one protecting her I'm the one who deserves to end her!" "Back off the two of you!" Asch activated his fire with a snarl "She's my prisoner! I am in charge of her execution!" "Your majesty! Locklin! Please! Stop using your magic!" Rhys pleaded angrily, I scoffed making my bow disappear, my clay-more swords and sheaths poofing back, the sheaths were slung comfortably over my shoulders.