TWENTY-FIVE

THIRD PERSON.

After an eventful week in the hospital of mostly sleepless nights, the trio finally left the dreaded place and made their way back home. Once they arrived, Jason had gone straight to bed as told to do so by the nurses and after Kai had given him soup and a warm drink, she eventually went to her own room too.

So Corbyn went to give her some company, as he knew she'd probably still be feeling a little guilty about not being there the night it had happened because she was out with her friends.

Walking into her room, he saw the girl lying down on her bed cuddled into multiple blankets, "You're either very cold or you feel bad."

"Both." She mumbled, looking up at him as he smiled slightly letting out a sigh before laying down beside her and wrapping his arms around the girl, pulling her closer to him, "My curfew is now 10pm."

"Your curfew is midnight, as it has always been." Corbyn said, placing a kiss on her cheek as she shook her head slightly, "You've been out every night and it has never happened, it was just once."

"I actually have to tell you something, while we're here." Corbyn continued as she furrowed her eyebrows and turned over to face him, "Please don't freak out."

"What?" Kai asked.

"They know that I'm-" He stopped himself, deciding if it was really appropriate to tell her at this moment when she still felt bad about her dad, or if it would make her feel worse.

"That your?" She looked at him confused as he shrugged slightly.

"I forgot." He laughed slightly as she shook her head but smiled, "If I remember, I'll tell you."

Just as Kai nodded, a knock was at the door, which made the pair get up and make their way down to the door, opening it to reveal the other four standing there with a few bags full of treats.

"We wanted to comfort you." Summer said, giving Kai the bags, "And we got Jason some stuff too."

"You didn't have to-"

"We did." Gavin interrupted her, "We didn't want you to be sad alone, so we all decided we can be sad together. The six of us."

Kai nodded and smiled, thanking them as she pulled each one in for a hug before they headed to the living room and made themselves comfortable on a seat, putting on a random movie on Netflix.

"Ebony that seat beside you looks really comfy." Noah said, pointing to the space beside her and then looking at the blanket, "I bet that blanket is so warm."

"Come cuddle me." She rolled her eyes playfully as the boy jumped up and ran over to her, almost throwing himself into the seat next to her as he wrapped his arms around the girl, a grin on his face.

"I never thought I'd see Noah achieving his goals of cuddling Ebony." Gavin said, folding his arms as the others laughed.

"Noah acts tough even he's really just a big baby." Corbyn joked, playing with the ends of Kai's hair, "I cant tell if it's funny or cute."

"Both." Ebony replied.

"This is nice." Noah mumbled, the grin still plastered on his face from ear to ear, "We should do this more often."

The girl nodded, a smile on her face as she turned her head to pay attention to the film. And soon enough the group had gone quiet as the film carried on, which by the end of it only two out of the six of them were awake, Gavin and Summer.

Then Jason had come down the stairs, seeing them all spread out on the couches as he smiled slightly at the group.

"How are you feeling Jason?" Gavin said, getting up from where he was laying and taking the bowl he had in his hands to the kitchen.

"I'm doing fine, Gavin. Thank you." Jason replied, seeing Kai and Corbyn asleep, "Are they dating?"

"We wish." Summer sighed, "Corbyn is waiting until you recover, so Kai isn't feeling bad."

"He's waiting?" Jason asked, sitting down as Gavin and Summer nodded.

"He didn't want to add more stress to Kai, but he's offered to cook while you recover." Summer said, "But he might be gone soon."

"Summer, Corbyn literally told you to not tell anyone." Gavin looked at her, giving her a glare as Jason looked confused, "People know he's alive."

"Do they know where he is?" The man asked, a concerned look on his face.

"No but they're looking for him."

"Then he needs to go."

a/n

😳👀