Chapter Nine

Lynn

I rinsed my hair in the shower, the warmth giving me comfort. These last couple days were horrible and I wanted nothing but to just go home to my bed and pass out. And then maybe binge watch some Netflix and read fanfics. I wanted to relax and not do anything but I knew the second this whole supernatural debacle was over, I was going to need to find a job or something. I couldn't just sit around and do nothing unless Aria turned me. She promised she would and she's never broken her promises to me before. I couldn't wait to get rid of this human life. I wanted power again. Chad breaking up with me hurt so much. I felt like I was used and didn't have a purpose in life and no one ever makes me feel like that. I don't allow anyone to make me feel like that. Thankfully Aria and Damien reminded me that I'm a catch and Chad's the dumbass who made a mistake; it's his loss.

Speaking of Damien, he was super fucking hot. A part of me hates that Aria slept with him but if she didn't, she wouldn't have been turned. And then I wouldn't be getting turned. She did say I could have him and not just because she wants me to be happy but because she found a guy too which is conveniently his brother. I don't know though. Would getting together with him be too soon? Would that make me look like a slut? I doubt it. People these days sleep around like it's nothing and maybe it's time I let loose and do the same. I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, wrapping myself in the soft fuzzy blanket. Man he must've been loaded if he was able to get us rooms at a Hyatt. He didn't even compel the receptionist, he actually paid for the rooms. Now I'm not saying I'm a gold digger but being with someone who can support himself and me would be hella nice. Just gives me one more thing not to worry about. I wrapped the towel around my hair and slipped on the soft bathrobe. They even had slippers so I used those which helped my feet from getting cold because the bathroom tiles were freezing. I opened the bathroom door and let out a scream when I noticed the silhouette of a man in my room. He was looking at the diaries on the chair by the door.

The man turned around and it was Damien. He seemed more surprised than me and backed up. "I'm sorry. I knocked but no one answered so I figured you and Aria were downstairs. I just came by to drop off these." He pointed to a pile of new clothes on the bed.

I walked over to the clothes and started sifting through them. "Thanks."

"I'm sorry about your breakup." He spoke. "From what I can tell after meeting you, he made the biggest mistake of his life."

My insides started swirling from that compliment. I had my back to him so thankfully he couldn't see my facial expression but I was ecstatic. I took a deep breath and turned around to face him. "Thanks." I smiled softly. There were a couple seconds of awkward silence before he spoke again.

"I'm just going to go back next door." He turned to leave.

I know I'm crazy but I just felt something. "Wait." I called.

"Hm?" He asked confused.

"Stay, come sit with me." I patted the bed as I sat down.

He sat down next to me and I tried so hard not to turn tomato red. I had a super hot vampire sitting in bed next to me.

"For what it's worth, I don't think you're a dick. At least not that much. I can tell you're hurting and well I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to."

He half smiled, warmed by my response. "You're much nicer than Aria was when I first met her."

I laughed."And how did she act?"

"Well she was just annoying. I thought I'd get rid of her but she ended up sticking with me."

I nodded. "Yeah she tends to do that. She's like a leech from a lake. But she's a leech I'm glad stuck with me. She's like that leech from grey's anatomy that that one guy ended up liking and kept him as a pet later on."