Chapter Five

We entered the hidden city once again and it looked even more spectacular at night. The buildings were all lit up and it was decorated with lights for the holiday season. We drove away from the buildings into the area with the houses until we reached the long driveway of a mansion. It was even bigger than the one Damien owned here. Scattered couples and groups of people were entering the home.

"I never intended for you to meet my parents." He said as he opened the door for me and helped me get out of the car. "This is really just under unfortunate circumstances." He sounded more nervous than ever but I could tell he was trying to hide that.

I squeezed his hand in reassurance and smiled. "Calm down Damien. It's okay, really. You gave me a purpose to enjoy life again, this is the least I could do to make it up to you."

We began walking to the house. I held on to Damien again in the most classiest way possible because walking in heels was still new to me. Hopefully I'd get used to it by the end of the night. The stairs were the hardest. We went up slowly. I hadn't had to use stairs yet because his apartment had the elevator. There weren't that many stairs and once we got the top I was met with a beautiful foyer with sparkling chandeliers. We casually entered in. The mansion was amazing. There were two grand staircases, one on each side going up to make a bridge at the top. There were giant glass doors in the back leading to the outside and mini tall tables laid out all across the room for guests to socialize. Waiters and waitresses walked around with trays of champagne and hord'oeuvres.

"Darling!" A feminine voice sounded and we turned to the side to see a women in a black long sleek evening gown. Her brown hair was in curls and she didn't look a day over 30. Her skin was radiant and confidence and richness floated off her. No wonder Damien kept warning me about her. She speed walked forward and gave Damien a huge hug. A man in a well tailored suit was close by next to her. He looked similar to Damien in terms of his eyes and hair. I was assuming that was his father.

"Son!" He gave Damien a quick hug as well. "It's so good to see you again."

"You too mom, dad." Damien replied.

His mother's eyes landed on me and I willed myself not to get scared. "And who's this?" She asked with curiosity.

Damien turned to me and put a hand on the small of my back. "This is Aria, one of my closest friends."

Gee if I was one of his closest friends, he really must not have been lying about being alone.

"What a pleasure it is to meet you." His mom gave me a hug as well which I was not expecting. "The name's Victoria."

"It's so nice to meet you." I replied smiling.

Damien's dad stepped forward and kissed my hand. "Alistair. What a pleasure it is to meet you."

"And you as well."

"Oh you're so cute." Victoria turned to Damien. "Where did you find her?"

"A hospital mom. She's a doctor."

She turned back to me. "Oh how nice and strong of you. Choosing to help humans the natural way. Feel free to grab some champagne and hor d'oeuvres." She turned to Damien again. "Zachariah is here somewhere."

"Mom you know how much he hates it when you call him that." Damien replied.

"It'll give him a reason to come over here and introduce himself." She smiled. She gave Damien a kiss on the cheek. "Your father and I must continue greeting the guests." She blew me a kiss and walked away with Alistair.

"She wasn't so bad." I said to Damien. "A little intimidating at first but she seemed nice."

He snorted. "Yeah at first. Just wait, she gets judgmental pretty fast." He looked away for a second and recognition filled his eyes as he saw someone. "Just give me a few minutes. I need to go say hello to a couple people. Feel free to get some food. I'll meet up with you shortly."