#13|| sunshine⁎⁺˳✧༚

credits to @Anne-nominous on DeviantArt!

It is a warm spring day. All of the trees are blooming in bright, vivid colors. Since it was a beautiful day, you decide to eat your lunch under a large, emerald green tree.

There were only a few clouds lazily floating in the sky. The Sun shone through the leaves and branches, leaving specks of gold on the ground. You happily munched on (a/an) (your favorite food), and watched your classmates play games, gossip, and talk. It was such a beautiful day...

Then something cut through the peace.
It was an odd sound, like a puppy's pained whimper. You just brushed it off, and thought it was just the wind.
But you realized that there was no wind at all.
The whimpers turned into sobs. A boy's sobs. Listening to the small "it was all my fault" "I should have done this and not have done this" and blah blah blah's, you decide to make console of this kid who was making such a big deal about what seemed to be a break-up.
You go to the other side of the tree and see a boy, wrapped in a hoodie.

He looks up.

"What do you want? Are you going to make fun of me too?"
You freeze.

It's (c/n), the boy you liked for a very long time. It's odd seeing him sad, since he is one of the strongest and bravest guys in the grade.

His face was red and puffy; he seemed like he was crying for a while. Why did he ask you if you were going to make fun of him? Did something happen in the lunchroom while you were out here? You had very many questions.

You replied, "What? Make fun of you too? No, I don't think so. Did something happen? I wasn't in the lunchroom today."

"Well..." he said in-between-sobs, "Can I talk to you?"
"About what?" you answered.
He quietly responded, "I'll tell you about what happened first, I guess."

You sat down beside him and listened to his story about what went down in the lunchroom. Apparently, his girlfriend embarrassed him in front of the whole lunchroom by yelling one of his biggest secrets out loud and breaking up with him on the spot. (c/n) just ran out of there and made it behind this tree. He secretly made his way behind you, just in case you knew about what happened. Now he was this hot mess, betrayed by the person he trusted the most.

You bring him to the front of the tree and try to talk him out his sadness. He seems to have idolized her.

It was very hard, but a few lunch napkins later, he stops crying.

It was then he smiled at you, looking better than he was. Someone suddenly yelled, "LOOK OUT!" You looked at where the sound came from, only to see a football coming for your face.
You suddenly feel a sharp pain to your forehead and black out.

You hear someone scream your name and a shout for help. When you wake up, you have a damp rag on your head and a teacher hovering over you. The leaves and branches are also still there, how much time has actually passed? You hear a sigh of relief from the teacher, and tells you that you passed out for five minutes. She found no sign of concussions, but there was a bruise on your forehead.
Someone threw a football at your head, and it was actually meant to be thrown to (c/n).
After that incident, he decided to talk to you.

"I want you to know something, (y/n)." he said.

"What do you want me to know?" you casually replied.

"Today was a special day. It started out cloudy for me, but then you shone your light, which made it beautiful. I believe you are the sunshine in this school, someone who is bright and kind. Thank you."

You blushed.

"You're welcome, I guess. Thank you for telling me this."
He nodded and helped you get to your class.
It was a perfect day today.

announcement!

i will not be making a part two for valentine sadness, so i am very sorry to those who were expecting one,,