She's my sun, my moon, my everything, and... my sister ch. 9

Rainer’s POV

I felt a sudden chill through my spines as I walked into the court. Damn those hypocrite head nuns, they had just recently repainted, fixing, and replacing all of our sports equipments and facilities a few days before the other schools came for the match. Before that, we were always practicing at the park because the floor was always creaking, the rings… Well, we only got one ring. But it was way before. Now, I was looking at the brand new indoor court.

“You okay?” Wendy grabbed my shoulder from behind.

“Yeah, just a bit nervous before the game.” I looked around towards the benches, trying to find my loyal, biggest, and only fans; my siblings. I was so excited Regine came even if it was unexpected. Dad used to compare us with astronomical things; Regine was just like the sun, she was warm, cheerful, and her appearance was noticeable and make people happy; Desmond was like the moon, he was calm, peaceful, even in the morning where we can’t see it the moon is always there; and finally he said I was like the stars, the stars were so little from the earth, sometimes were unnoticeable, but they’re beautiful and the night sky would just be in emptiness with the moon alone without the stars, and stars shine their own lights, which meant I also had sparkle to glow.

The game still hadn’t started yet, but the building had been fulfilled with many kinds of noises. I shut my eyes for seconds, tried to do what Desmond told me, “If you want to know where we sit, just listen carefully. When you finally succeed too hear and find out the source of sound that most likely going to destroy the building, that’s where we are. And unfortunately, I’m going to sit next to that source of sound.” I chuckled remembering how funny Desmond’s expression was when Regine both his ears from behind after he said that.

“Hey! Put your mind here, Willows!” Glenda yelled to me suddenly, all of the teams’ eyes were on me. I did what she said to me; but I was a bit curious, with all of sudden Glenda had been really strict about the game, especially me. Was my play really that bad? She looked up to me, well considering I was six feet taller than her, she really did look so small from here. She then did something unexpected, smacked my head.

“Ow!”

“You’re awake, now!?”

“Y-yes…” I was a little annoyed. She didn’t really have to do that, did she?

“No need to be so harsh, Glenda. Poor Rainer,” said Carol who was in the same year as Glenda. She came to me and stroked my head like a mother did. She was so calm, motherly like, and I always thought her as a girl version of Desmond, in fact they both dated when they were in junior high. I would really love her to become Desmond’s girlfriend once more because they were both so perfect and beautiful people instead of her current real life boyfriend…

“Yeah, Glenda. Don’t be so cruel. Are you nervous or something?” asked coach Mueller.

“Nervous? Me? Please...” she starred at me again with her piercing eyes which caused my body stiff. “I’m sorry, Rainer. I know I shouldn’t treat you like that. You know me, always be a perfectionist minutes before the game begin. So, no hard feelings. Okay?”

I could feel there were almost no regrets in her voice, but I was not in the mood for arguing especially with Glenda, arguing with Glenda meant you were just going to dig your own grave, very deeply. “Fine.” I said with a fake smile and turned from her.

“Do not hold your grudge. She really can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but she’s a nice girl,” said Carol, tried to put my anger off.

“I know it, but I really don’t like to be treated different than anyone else, especially it was really unfair. And she had humiliated me in front of the other players and probably some of the supporters who could see us from their benches.” Carol nodded to me. “And it would be more mortifying if my siblings saw it.”