Chapter 12- New Chapter!

Start from the beginning

      He's met with Jami holding her shotgun at his face.

       "It's us," I say quickly, before Jami gets trigger happy.

        She lowers her gun and lets out a sigh. Taylor goes around her and throws her arms around me. "Thank God," she says.

"Are you guys hurt?," Michael asks before I can.

"We're fine," Taylor says before pulling away. "Jami got a few good shots in, not enough to kill him, but enough to get him to leave. He promised that he'd be coming back though."

      "Okay," I nod. "Then we'll be waiting for him when he does."

We all move back to the front, and Jami looks around the bar with a solemn look on her face. I know this is hard for her. Jack's is her happy place, and to see the man that abused her in her has her obviously shaken up.

"Why don't you tell me what happened?," I ask.

Jami glances over at Taylor. "You tell her."

She gives Jami a guilty look before turning to me. "There was a maintenance issue, so Jami had to shut the bar down until someone could get down here to fix it. Jami was in the back when a man came by, he said he was making a delivery. People are making deliveries at odd times of the day, so I didn't think anything of it and let him in. Nothing seemed off about him," she turns back to Jami. "It's my fault he got in. I'm so sorry."

"You're not to blame," Jami says.

That doesn't seem to make her feel better, but she continues her story. "As soon as he stepped foot inside, he asked for Jami so I went to go get her. She froze and that's when I realized something wasn't right, but it was too late. Everything happened so fast after that. Jami managed to shoot him a couple of times, but not after he nearly destroyed the bar. We hid in her office and called you and Henry. You were the only one to call back, I think he's doing a job."

"I don't know how you do it, Sang," Jami shakes her head. "He was terrifying. Even more so than when he was alive."

"We're going to get rid of him," I promise her.

         "I know," she says. "And you, who are you?," she asks Michael.

"Michael," he introduces himself.

She gives me a sly look, but doesn't say anything about it. She looks around the bar again. "Fuck, he really messed this place up. I guess I should get started cleaning up before he shows his face again."

       Taylor starts helping her by grabbing a broom to clean all the glass up.

"You guys start that, and Michael and I will go outside to put up some extra protection," I say. "I'll help you guys with this when we're done."

         Michael follows me outside. "I'll show you how it's done today, and next time we meet, I'll teach you. Sound good?"

I nod. "That's fine."

I expect him to say some words, maybe an incarnation of some sort. He stares at the bar for a moment and I can feel the difference in the atmosphere, like I can feel his energy.

"Done," he says with a proud look on his face.

"You made that look extremely easy," I say skeptically.

"You do have to remember that I have years of practice," he says.

"I know," I grumble. I kick a rock with my foot. "I just have so much to catch up on."