15. Taken

Class 1-A began to gather together for lunch at the food court in the mall. Izuku and his group from the hat shop arrived last. All of them had managed to buy some sort of headgear. Izuku had got an All Might hat with his characteristic tall yellow hair sticking out of the top and Himiko had gotten a headband with cat ears. Hand-in-hand the two looked cute together. As they sat down to get some grub Izuku was reminded of something.

"We should probably get some food for someone else too," he said, gesturing to her ears. Their still nameless cat was running out of food at home and there seemed to be no better time than the present to get something for her.

Toga sighed beginning to get up, "Yeah I suppose. I'll run over there quickly."

"I'll go with you then," he said jumping out of his chair.

"No, it's fine Izuku. Hang out with your classmates for a little while alone. You've already done enough for me today, inviting me with you into your friend groups and everything. Just relax for a bit and get us some food, besides you don't want to look clingy do you?"

Izuku thought for a moment and then sat down, "You are really incredible, you know that?"

She winked back at him before walking to the pet store, only a couple of stores away. Just close enough to be convenient, but far enough away where you were out of eyesight behind the bend in the store. So it was impossible for Izuku to have known what was coming.

Toga just finished paying for the cat food when she was caught entranced by a wonderful sight. Fluffy puppies playing in the shop window of the store. They went up to the window wagging their tails trying to lick the blonde whose nose was pressed up to the glass. She laughed just thinking about how Izuku would love to see this.

"Maybe I'll take him back here later and beg him for yet another animal," she thought. She took out her phone to take a picture of them, but once she took a picture she realized the puppies' tails were no longer moving. They had scampered over to the far side of the contained and were whimpering. She lowered her phone.

"I guess they don't like pictures," she said quietly.

"That makes two of us," a raspy voice said behind her. She would have jumped back if there wasn't a cold hand placed around her neck. Well to be accurate, 4 fingers were placed around her neck. Her eyes got extremely big as her body went stock still. Chills traveled from her fingers to her toes.

"Oh come on, aren't you glad to see me?" Tomura Shigaraki spat into the blonde's face. Using his open hand he put it on her phone and it turned to dust faster than she could blink. Getting a grip on herself, Toga's breath got quiet. Her eyes slanted inward and her scowl got deeper.

"What the hell do you want," she spat back at him in a low voice.

"I just want to talk, only talk. So act natural, pretend we are only old friends who happened to meet," the hooded man said. "But if you try anything then my finger might slip," his last finger moved slightly closer to her neck.

"I'm aware of your quirk Shigaraki, but you don't scare me. Neither does death," she growled still looking forward.

"That's the problem with all of you people. Everyone here," he gestured to all of the people in the mall. "All of them act like they don't have a care in the world. I know better though. Any one of these quirks when activated could bring a massacre, but they rely on laws and heroes to protect them. What they don't understand is not every person shares in their ideology of laws and being a 'good citizen'," he whispered quietly in her ear, each word full of spite.

She also felt his grip get tighter as he spoke, "In fact I could do it right now. I could single-handedly kill about 30-40 people before a hero arrived to stop me, and that is if I was just alone."

Toga's eyes got wide at that last part. Tomura took a step back allowing her to see at least three other members of the League of Villains to her left and right. She guessed there was much more.

"Why are you here!?" She demanded gasping for oxygen.

"Why isn't it obvious?!" He said, his contorted face taking on an unhealthy looking grin. "We are here for you!"

"Himiko who is that?" A nervous voice said. "Is that a friend or something?" Izuku asked quietly, realizing something was definitely wrong.

"Why yes it is a friend," Tomura said, turning away from the shopping window with Toga in tow to face the green-haired boy. His hand was tight around her neck and her face was plastered white in fear. Izuku just stood there, frozen, not able to move his feet as he stared at the horrifying sight.

"We were just going to catch up," Tomura said, "so be a good boy and just stay there for a bit longer or my finger might slip." The scummy man moved his last finger even closer to her skin, almost begging to touch it.

Then behind the two a circular gateway made of black mist opened up, finally alerting citizens all around to the villain threat. Tomura began to cackle as he stepped back into the portal.

"DO SOMETHING!!" Izuku yelled internally to the only one listening... himself. He went to take a step forward but Tomura simply gestured to that last finger. Then he gestured to a couple of other dangerous looking figures that were surrounding the area. Similar portals appeared behind them.

Before Izuku could blink again, Tomura dragged the frightened blonde back into the portal with him. The other villains followed his suit. Izuku hadn't moved an inch and his girlfriend had all but disappeared off the face of the earth.

[Hey it's me, the author again! Hope you all are doing well and enjoy this next chapter. Things are getting exciting and I want to thank all of you for taking this journey with me. Also BIG ANNOUNCEMENT, the first chapter of my new FanFic, Double-Sided, is out, so I would love it if you could take some time to check it out. It's gonna be fun, so stay tuned and see you shortly with another chapter!]