26

-
<BEOMGYU>

"Let's break up."

I snickered on her words. Now she has the gut to say that to me.

"Yeah, we should," I coldly said.

She looked surprised, but I don't care. If that what she wants then be it.

"You won't even hold me back?" she asked in disbelief.

"Why would I when you let go of me first before I could even?"

She stayed silent and I went on my way, leaving her behind. I skipped the rest of the day and went back home. I changed my clothes and waited for you at the playground.

Kids come and go, some went up to me and wanted to play. Looking at them; they look so free.

I dropped by the convenience store and bought some food. I don't eat much so I only bought a few snacks and I made myself anseong jjampong fried rice with cheese.

After eating and contemplating for a while, I went back to the playground. I waited.

When I checked the time, it was almost 8, but you haven't showed up yet. Are you doing good? I really need someone to talk to.

The night went darker and I saw you by a bench nearby. You were looking so far. I went up to you.

"Hey," I called.

"Hey," you replied. I offered you some snacks but you rejected it, you said I could have it.

"You free today?" I asked.

"I guess so. Why?"

"Mind if I talk about something?"

You shook your head and gave me a nice smile. That smile... I think I saw that before.

"We broke up," I said.

You were staying silent again.

"She was cheating on me, I guess I didn't like her that much since I didn't feel anything after she said that she wanted to break up with me," I continued.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I feel so great-"

I paused when I saw you pointing at my balled fists. I didn't even realize it.

"Things happen for a reason, I guess. It could either be a gift or a lesson. All you have to do is to keep on moving forward. No matter how hard it is."

The moonlight lit up your face again. The moon was so beautiful, but I was looking at you.

-