It felt like a dream almost. I was going through the motions right now, but once I saw her casket, all of my senses kicked in again.

I couldn't bring myself to go just yet, so I went and sat in the front row, leaving room for Ned and MJ.

They came in a few minutes later, and said a few words, then hugged me tightly. I tell them both thank you for coming, and face the front of the room. I couldn't ask for two better best friends.

I look around the room, noticing all of the arrangements set up. A picture of May rests on a easel. That was my favorite picture of her. She looks so happy, and that's how she would want to be remebered.

Yellow daisy's, purple orchids, and pink hydrangeas surround the picture, and the casket. All her favorites.

A tv in the corner, has a slideshow of some pictures and videos of us. It's playing I Cross My Heart, by George Strait, in the background.

It's beautiful. More than I could have ever given her. I leaned my head on Tony, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"It's beautiful."

"Fri did a good job." He whispered, his fingers resting on the side of my head now. And that's how we sat.

• Time Skip •

Tony had to get me a box of tissues. Not sure anyone has ever seen me cry that much.

Later.  I stood with MJ, Ned, and Tony, while a few of her friends came up to me, saying 'I'm sorry for your loss,' or 'I hope you're doing okay, let me know if you need anything.' I thanked them all for coming. It meant a lot to me that they were there.

After a few minutes, the people cleared out. I looked down, feeling tears well up in my eyes again. I would have to say goodbye soon...

Through my blurry vision, I saw a pair of boots stop in front of me. I looked up and saw him. Steve Rogers.

Shock ran through my body, as my mouth fell open. "You're here?"

He hugged me tightly. "I wouldn't have missed it for anything Pete."

He moved, showing the rest of our team. Bucky, Sam, Clint, they're all here.

I smiled at Tony, who smiled back. He did this for me. I mouthed a thank you to him. He sent a wink to me.

I hugged them all. "Thank you guys so much for coming." I said feeling tears well up in my eyes again. "It really means a lot to me that you're here. I love you all so much." I walked to Tony, throwing myself under his arm.

"Okay, everyone that is left here. We're all heading back to my place for some lunch." Tony announced with a dazzling smile.

They all agreed, heading out to their cars. MJ and Ned were riding with Tony and I.

"You did that for me?" I breathed out.

"Of course Pete. You love them, and they love you. What they think about me, should be put aside. I wanted this to be a good way to remember May goodbye"

I nodded my head. "You made all of this happen for her. I can't say thank you enough Mr. Stark." I wiped the fresh tears again.

"Let's go eat." He whispered.

I nodded. "I'll be out soon. I just need another minute."

He grazed his thumb over my cheek for a second, before nodding.

He motioned for MJ and Ned to follow him. With Ned babbling about how cool it was that he was getting to ride with 'The Tony Stark!'

I smiled at them walking towards May's casket.

She looked good. Just like she always did, but more peaceful.

"Hey Aunt May." I choked out. "I miss you. A lot. I had some things I wanted to say. I guess this is as good as it'll get. I'm so sorry for what happened. I know you wouldn't want me to blame myself, so I'll try not to. But you deserved so much more than this." I sobbed out.

"I know you'll always be with me in spirit, but God do I wish you were here." I took a deep breath, wiping my face. "Don't worry about me. Tony and I will be just fine. And I have Ned and MJ. So I'm going to be okay May. Thank you for making me the man I am today, and thank you for loving me." I dropped my head, as more silent tears raced from my eyes.

"I'll visit again soon. I love you Aunt May." I kissed two fingers and touched the side of her casket, then closed the lid.

I turned facing the front door, and took a shaky breath in. I could be crazy, but I felt the smallest bit of relief, as I walked slowly out to the door, getting into Tony's car.

"You okay, Pete?" Tony asked, smiling sadly at me.

I nodded, smiling back at him.

'I'll be okay as long as I'm with you.' I thought as we drive back home.

Yes ik that Peter didn't really know anyone from civil war other than the ones on team iron man, but we're going to act like he did. And they're all going to work on being besties again. Btw they're actually burying her later. I just didn't want write it. Thank ya for reading! <3

Edited : 10•01•21