Part One: An Early Morning Start

To Do: Monthly Tool Maintenance

I heaved a deliciously decadent sigh as I woke to the sun just beginning to peek through the blinds. It was early, earlier still than even my alarm was set to beep this morning; I had set it to sound only a couple low beeps this morning so as to not wake up unsuspecting subs. I had a long to-do list for today, and a headstrong puppy to lovingly beat into a more pleasing state of submission.

My lockbox opened with a sharp snick sound that promised fun inside. I carefully lifted the two microfiber cloths from the top and laid them gently on the bed, a soft berth for all of the toys to rest. It was quick work, practiced and efficient, to lay out each toy and assess whether any special work was necessary for their care; those on the red cloth required special work as well as cleaning, those on the black cloth merely needed a thorough cleaning. Her pet would take care of all the toys as needed later today, but she looked forward to seeing to this monthly account personally.

Having such an early morning inventory was unusual because there was a new tool to add to the lot, one she had been saving for a special occasion. And today was special because she was pissed. It didn't happen often, but yesterday the puppy's sassiness had grated on her nerves. A more specific punishment was in store for him today, in addition to his overnight cage time.

She pulled an emerald green velvet bag from the drawer in her bedside table, and slid a dark gunmetal pair of metal cuffs from inside. They were heavy and cool in her hands and she ran her fingertips over the Vipertek label engraved into each cuff. No reason not to enjoy a punishment herself, and a stunning new toy would go a long way towards that end.

The sunlight was beginning to brighten her entire bedroom now, and she realised with her preparations she'd fully woken up. It seemed an early day was in the cards for her as much as some discomfort was in the cards for puppy. She skipped the impending alarm on her phone and took a sip of water from her bedside table before leaving her bedroom for the next part of her day.

To Do: Correct puppy for his Transgressions

He woke with a start in the heavy iron cage, his sleeping place when Mistress deemed it necessary. Yesterday his sassiness has gotten the better of his good sense, and he had forgotten his place. Mistress was often playful, but only when it suited her, of course. He had referred to intimate parts of her body with indelicate words - words she definitely didn't appreciate. Thus, cage time.

"And more," she had promised with not even a hint of a smile as she said goodnight yesterday.

He shivered slightly. Mistress had left him a small blanket, but he had used it to cushion his head against the hardwood floor. The metal bar that ran across the centre of the bottom of the cage ensured he hadn't had the most comfortable of nights.

He began to stretch, checking if his legs were cramped first. Though his legs didn't fully fit through the bars, his ankles and calves could be stretched out just past the cage to roll his muscles about a little.

His sleepy state had clouded his brain, so he just now noticed that his wrists were bound. Tightly bound, even. He attempted to pull his arms forward from where they were tucked behind his back, but he was only rewarded with the clink of chain against the bars.

Mistress must have cuffed him to the cage bars while he was sleeping. He sighed heavily, inwardly cursing his own stupidity from yesterday and opened his eyes to the morning's sunshine for the first time, peering beyond the bars and directly at Mistress's bare feet, her toenails gleaming oxblood red mere inches away from his face.

To Do: Confirm Daily Schedule with puppy

"How can it be that you aren't happy, even though I allowed you to sleep in such a nice cage? Even though I fitted you with some beautiful new cuffs? That's rude and not very pleasing, puppy"

She kept her voice low and measured, watching him freeze in position as he heard her voice. It was not often that he was punished - he was a good boy for her, helpful and obedient - but his sassiness had gotten out of hand and she wouldn't have his tongue as under control as every other part of him.