"So I would really like to know your business management Rose." Mia peeked into the bakery from the front window. The bakery was packed with customers that the line was nearly at the entrance of the door. "How come the business is better when you're not running it?" I gasped and slapped her lightly on the back.

"Technically I am still running it, the bakery just isn't under my name anymore." I told her.

"You know I like it better when it wasn't so busy." Ellen added. "It wasn't as noisy and people would actually enjoy the atmosphere, it's like a busy supermarket in there now."

"But business brings money and money is everything." Mia cooed and I laughed. "But seriously can we talk inside? We're getting soaked in the rain."

"For your information Mia, you were the one that decided to peek in from the front window instead of going inside to talk." I replied and she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Well I'm going in first!" She exclaimed and slipped into the bakery and Ellen rolled her eyes.

"Are you coming?" Ellen held the first door open and I shook my head.

"I need to carry the trays back inside."

"I'll help you." She added and I nodded.            

"I'll drive the van to the back, meet me there." I ordered and she slipped in.

I used my hand to shield as much as the rain as I could but it clearly wasn't doing anything besides making my hand freezing cold. Just before I climbed into the driver's seat I felt as if I was being watched when I felt a shiver down my spine. I stopped and glanced around to see if I spotted anymore. The cars were zooming by and people walking down the streets, there was nothing out of the ordinary and maybe I was just thinking too much about it. I shrugged it off and climbed into the van, away from the freezing cold rain before I pulled away from the curb to drive to the back of the bakery.

(-)

I rang the doorbell to my Dad's new apartment and waited on the other side of the door for him to open it for me. The moment he opened it a smile spread across our faces.

"Hey baby girl," He welcomed me in with open arms and I pressed myself into him. I wrapped my arms around him just the same he was doing to me.

"Hey Dad," I muttered against him. "How have you been?"

"Oh you know, doing things to get time by." We separated. I took my shoes off and allowed myself into his apartment while he shut the door behind him. "Coffee?" He asked and I nodded.

I made myself comfortable and sat down at the sofa and I found myself frowning. Our home, our family home...the one where I grew up in is no longer around. My parents even had to sell that beautiful home of ours to settle the bankruptcy. The moment the house went onto the market, a buyer immediately jumped to the chance. Apparently there were a lot of buyers who were interested in the house but of course the highest bidder got it. I found myself feeling depressed just thinking about it, all my childhood memories were there, the memories of being one big family was there...and it feels like I'll never be able to step foot into that house again.

The apartment wasn't fancy or anything, it was enough to have a single person living in. A decent size living room, a kitchen with a dining table inside, a bathroom, and a single bedroom. The place wasn't run down or in a terrible neighbourhood either so I wasn't afraid of having someone breaking into my Dad's apartment in his sleep. My Dad returned moments later with two cups of coffee in his hands.

"So what's with the sudden visit?" My Dad handed me my cup and I thanked him.

"I just missed you," I replied. "Can't I visit my own Dad when I miss him?"