2| "Did you pick that one cause it looks cool?"

I heard my brothers talking about a party at the boneyard and I decided to try and go.

I put on black cargo pants and a white tube top. This is the first social gathering I have gone to in two years and I didn't want to look bad or too good.

I don't know if this is really a good idea but my plan for the summer is to do stupid shit, therefore, I have to go.

I decided to walk to the boneyard instead of driving since it was only a mile away from my house.

When I got there, there was a mix of Kooks and Pogues all partying together. I recognized a few faces which made me feel slightly uncomfortable but I pushed that to the side as I walked up to the keg.

"Hey uh do you want a beer?" A boy asked as he filled a red solo cup.

"Yeah, thanks." I said as I grabbed it and he furrowed his eyebrows at me. I shifted uncomfortably, "What?"

"We saw you right?" He asked and I smiled as I remembered who he was: one of the boys I saw surfing and saw in the marsh.

"Oh yeah! That was me" I replied and he just smiled.
I looked over at the other boy he was standing with and he looked me up and down. I sent him a dirty look as I walked away and sat down on the sand.
As the night went on I talked to a few of the tourists and just laid low.

The sound of Topper's voice piqued my interest and I walked over to where he was arguing with the boys I had seen. Topper... He sorta means something to me. He's really close to my brother Landon and is over at our house nearly every day. Since Landon is older than me he treats me like I'm five years old and is super overprotective which made Topper super overprotective as well.

He was fighting with one of the surfer boys who I found out was named, John B.

John shoved him back when Top made a snarky comment about Pogues.

Topper went up to John B and punched him in the face which sent him to the ground.
Everyone was egging them on to fight while Topper was kicking John B and making rude comments about his father.

They started to actually fight and they both got multiple good punches in but Topper ended up on him at the end.

He was holding his head down underneath the water and I felt my blood boil at the sight of him drowning John B. This isn't the Topper I know and love.

A blonde boy walked up behind Topper and pressed a gun against his head then took the safety off.

This sent everyone running away from the beach and finally, Topper did as well.

The boy raised the gun in the air and yelled, "okay everyone listen up!! Get the hell of our side of the island!" and shot the gun in the air twice.

His friends were pushing him around and yelling at him for bringing a gun. One of them noticed that I hadn't even shifted from my spot and he whispered something to his friends so they'd notice me. The gun didn't scare me. My family likes to hunt so my dad has a few at home. I was shot during a hunting accident when I was younger.

"Why the hell are you still here?" The girl asked as they walked over to me.

My face heated up in embarrassment and I looked down at my feet. I quickly pulled myself together, "He's adorable. Did you pick that one because it looks cool?" I teased.

"Did you not hear what JJ said? Get the hell of our side of the island" she spat at me and I scoffed, "JJ and his little toy don't scare me. Neither do you so I'd watch my damn mouth, sunshine" I shot at her as annoyance rose in my head.

I was just trying to be funny and this bitch has the audacity to disrespect me. Hell no.

"What did you call me?" She asked as she got up in my face and I smirked at her as I tilted my head, "sunshine" I whispered with a smirk.

I felt her fist collide into my face and I stumbled back in surprise.

"Excuse the shit out of my goddamn French, but did you just hit me?!" I screamed at her and her friends grabbed her arm so she wouldn't mess with me anymore.

"Kook bitch" I heard her mumble which made me feel a little sad.

I hated the stereotypes on this stupid island and isn't she a kook too?

"Look dude I'm not a "kook" and I sure as hell ain't nobody's bitch. I'm a normal fucking human being who was just trying to be funny so maybe instead of punching me in the face you could be a little bit nicer to me!" I screamed at her and she rolled her eyes as her friends dragged her away from me.

JJ sent me a small smile and I scoffed as I walked away down the beach toward my house.

I tried to sneak back inside quickly but my dad was sitting on the porch. "Hi daddy," I said as I walked past him but he grabbed my arm tightly and pulled me back.

"Where the hell you been? It's late" He yelled. I tried to pull my arm out of his grasp but he just held it tighter. "Where the hell you been!?"He screamed when I didn't answer. I felt tears go to my eyes at his volume. I could never really handle yelling very well.
"I was just on the beach I'm sorry" I muttered and he shook his head in disgust, "you out with boys? You being a whore again?" He asked which made a scoff escape my mouth. I tried to just get out of his grip so I could go inside like I usually do but he pushed me back and I fell to the ground. My head hit our grill as I fell and I put my hand up to the wound and saw blood on my fingertips. I backed away from him and hurried into the house and up the stairs. Sometimes when we argue he gets a bit out of hand and will push me or something. He never means to though. I slammed the door shut and locked it as I ran into the bathroom. I had a bruise under my eye from the girl at the party and blood soaking through my hair. I stuck my head under the faucet and washed the blood off as best as I could. I groaned when I realized I needed to find a way to patch it up safely. I grabbed some gauze from the cabinet and wrapped it around my head. I sighed once it was fully wrapped up and I changed into some shorts and a sports bra.
I hopped into my bed and gradually started to fall asleep.