𝐈𝐈. DARK DIAGON ALLEY

Start from the beginning

"There's been a lot of talk recently that Dumbledore's gotten a bit old," Hermione told him.

"Rubbish! He's only- what is he?" Harry asked.

"Hundred and fifty?" Ron guessed.

"Bloody hell, I would've gone hundred and twenty. Looks good for his age," I shook my head, grinning.

"Give or take a few years," Ron added.

We all laughed at our complete cluelessness to the man's age, but my laughter died when the burning paper turned and I saw the picture.

It was Draco.

Before the sun had even risen completely, Fred and George were shaking me awake. Careful not to wake Hermione, who was staying in my room, I followed them out into the hall.

"Why so bloody early?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes. "What do you want?"

"We were just wondering-" Fred started.

"-If you wanted to help set up shop before the crowds?" George finished. I grinned at the twins.

"Absobloodylutely," I turned and went back into my room, quietly getting changed so I didn't wake Hermione.

I hurried down to the kitchen where Fred and George were waiting. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were there, too. They didn't look too happy.

"You can't just take her with you! She's not just a girl anymore- every dark witch and wizard in the world is after her!" Mrs. Weasley was whisper-yelling.

"Mum, Georgie and I are good wizards. We'll protect her. And- she can defend herself. No one ever attacks our store anyways." Fred told her.

I stepped into the room and all eyes landed on me. "I appreciate your concern, Mrs. Weasley, but I'm going to be okay. I'm in good hands," I smiled at Fred and George.

Mrs. Weasley gave in. "Oh, alright. The rest of us will be there later on, okay?" The three of us nodded.

"Ready when you are," George said, him and Fred holding out their arms. I grabbed onto each of them, and we apparated to Diagon Alley.

We landed in the middle of Fred and George's store- Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. I stumbled a bit before looking around as George flicked the lights on. I grinned at the fun and bright store. I raced up the steps when I saw something that caught my eyes and pointed down to it once I was above it.

"Fred! George!" I laughed and called them over. "It's Umbridge!"

It was a figure that was no doubt Umbridge pedaling on a tightrope. "Yeah, watch this," Fred smirked and turned it on. The figure began pedaling along the wire, yelling in her voice, "I must have order!"

"Brilliant!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, we knew you'd like that one," George said, and then pointed to a pink and flowery display. "And that's our new shipment of love potions. Although I don't think you really need one of those, do you?"

"Oh, sod off," I rolled my eyes and walked back down the stairs, scanning the shelves and taking everything in. My grin fell, however, when I looked outside and saw all the other shops closed down and destroyed. "Hey, guys, mind if I go have a look around?" I asked them.

"And get yourself bloody killed? No way," Fred shook his head.

"Mum'll have our heads, then," George smirked.

I sent them a pleading look and they finally crashed, telling me to be no longer than fifteen minutes else they'd go looking for me. I nodded and left the store, going to look around Diagon Alley.

It was a heartbreaking sight, really. There weren't many people around, and when there were, they walked quickly, heads down, muttering to themselves. All my favorite stores had been long since abandoned, the owners going into hiding.

I stopped at Quality Quidditch Supplies. I frowned and pushed open the rusty door, looking at the dark and messy interior. Brooms were still in the window, the same window eleven year old me had gawked through.

"How'd I know you'd be in here?" A voice said, and I jumped, turning to the door. It was Draco, leaning against the doorframe, smirking.

"Draco," I breathed, relieved, and rushed into his arms. "Don't sneak up on me like that," I hit him lightly, but he just smiled and kissed my gently.

I sighed and, after returning the kiss, pulled away to look at the store again. "Sad, huh?" I looked at him.

"What?" He asked quickly.

"All the stores being down," I said, and he nodded.

"Oh, right. Yeah, it's unfortunate," He said, looking around. I noticed he was a bit paler than usual, and that's saying something. He's always pale.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked, taking his hand..

"Hm? Yeah, yeah I'm fine," He said, and I frowned but didn't push any further. I noticed he was wearing a full black suit, which was odd for the current weather.

"Aren't you hot in that? It's August," I laughed a little.

"I'm always hot," he winked and took my hand, leading me out of the store as I rolled my eyes. "What? You can't deny it."

"No, I can't," I simply shrugged and kept walking, but Draco grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him, kissing me again. "What's wrong with you?" I laughed, pulling away, "Why are you so clingy?"

I thought I saw a flicker of sadness in his eyes, but it was gone the second it was there. "Just want to... express my love..." He trailed off.

Smiling, I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "I appreciate it, Snake Boy."

"Snake Boy. What an odd name. Serpent Girl, too," He held my hand as we walked through the Alley.

"Twelve year old us didn't seem to think so," I grinned.

"No they did not," He sighed, swinging our arms.

"Draco!" A voice called, and we turned to see his mother walking towards us. Draco reluctantly let go of my hand.

"Yes, mother?"

"Come," She said stiffly, "We have things to do."

"But-" Draco tried, but his mother glared at him. It was as though a switch flipped in him, because his gaze hardened, and his jaw set.

"I'll see you," was all he said to me before walking off with his mother, his hand in his pockets.

And I couldn't help but feel a little hurt.