First mission jitters (Part 2)

A/N: As usual, please comment! Votes aren't as important as your precious comments so that I can improve the story! Thanks and enjoy!

Ps: I was just writing this along to the song. The song has no relations to this chapter. 

Song: We Cry by The Script.

Enjoy!

Janicemints

Heather's POV:

I held onto Talivan's hand as he offered to fly me to the west side of the base.

I was so freaked out just now. The entire scene just replays itself again and again. The first time I'd actually hit a real person, and I had him almost on the brink of death. 

"Heather." Talivan's voice broke my inner thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"Kind of."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing big really." I looked at the buildings that were zooming past us. I could feel Talivan shaking his head in disbelief.

"Something's bothering you. Is it the motorbikes?" Talivan had his mask lifted up.

"No." I muttered, hoping he wouldn't continue bugging me for answers.

"Then it was the guards, wasn't it? I knew it." Talivan whispered, taking my silence as a yes. "Try not to think of it. We'll have to do more later, you know that right?" Talivan tried to reassure me.

"But," I looked at my hands. "But I-I can't." I sighed. "I'm more brains than brawn."

"Sure you can. You can use your brains to fight through it later." Talivan smiled. "Tactical analysis."

"I'm still unsure of myself."

"Just remember that you're fighting for your father. I'm sure Dr Banner would want you to succeed, right?" Talivan offered one of his rare, genuine smiles. "And I'll stay right beside you. Don't worry."

"Thanks Tali." I smiled, grateful and satisfied that I had let out my bottled up fear, and that someone actually cared for me other than my dad. 

"Do remember to turn off your communicators first, Tali. We are still hearing whatever that's on air, you know." Bart joked through the earpiece, making both of us flush with utter embarrassment.

"Shush Bart! They were having a moment! You interupted it!" Cassandra's voice came through next.

"Guys, guys, what's the matter with you all?" Now it was Talivan who spoke. "I'm just giving morale support to our dear team mate. Is that anything wrong?" Talivan winked back at me. 

"Tali, please concentrate on your job at hand. We need your eyes in front, not on the girl you're carrying right now." Keith joked a little, before his voice turned back to the usual serious tone.

"Right. Back to the mission." Talivan said. "We're here guys. Roughly another 100 metres." 

"Sentinel of Liberty. I copy." Keith replied.

"Oh no." I gasped, as huge groups of people loomed into view. They all had the same uniforms as the guards we'd encountered minutes ago. My heart started to bang against my chest so hard, it made me gasp for air.

"Heather, you alright?" Talivan panicked, seeing that I was out of breath.

I shoke my head to compose myself. "I'm alright. Keep flying. We need to reach there asap."