37: Return To Cherryton

"Are you sure you're okay, YN? You said you were going to be gone way past the Meteor Festival..." Fudge put his paw on your arm, but you jerked your body away. "Did something happen?"

"Nothing different from normal." Your whole face looked defensive, and not a single friend of yours believed you. It was a shame that you couldn't hide your feelings too well. "Please, let's just keep working on the costumes."

Fudge looked to Dom who looked to Kibi and they all shrugged. They were happy to have your help again, but something had really upset you and they wished you would talk about it.

"I heard about what Bill did to you." Your ears picked up Legoshi's words to Louis. He was also strangely aggressive today. "I hope he didn't leave any scars..."

"Don't compare my hand to your back!" Louis raised his voice, making this a public issue. "Isn't there something else you've been meaning to tell me?!" Legoshi was shoved back. "You've been looking at me like a stalker and I'm sick of it." Everyone's face dropped a bit. Legoshi always looked at people like that. Why was Louis suddenly complaining. "What's your problem?" The wolf's face was darker than usual. "If you have something to say, then just say it."

"I have nothing to say... for now." Legoshi might not have been standing at his full height, but we was certainly looming.

"Hey, YN. This is getting too crazy. What's wrong with them?!" Els kneeled by you, worried.

"Are they friends, or not?" Kibi asked.

"They're not." Bill confirmed.

"How about don't concern yourselves with personal affairs that don't involve the club." Louis turned and scolded everyone. "Now it's time for practice."

"You're the one announcing your qualms..." You muttered, earning a sharp glare from the red deer. He hardly knew your name, let alone why you would have such an opinion right now. "I'll just tell you all that lately, the drama club has been very lacking in unity! The meteor festival is coming soon. Any actor, dancer or stage crew member" He looked pointedly at you. "who makes the slightest mistake during the performance, or causes any further drama, will be immediately assigned to equipment duty back here at the club."

Everyone felt tense. Louis was effective at handing out threats, but not so great at clearing the room's feelings. Suddenly however, a ray of sunshine burst in the room.

"Sorry I'm late!" Juno smiled at everyone with closed lips.

"Come on, Juno! You' know you're supposed to text Sheila when you're going to be late!" Els stood up and scolded the wolf. Apparently between the time you had left and come back, the whole dance team, including your friends, had become smitten with the girl.

"Sorry!! There was a sloth who wanted to go to the restroom, so I needed to carry her there."

"Ah, Juno. I'm not even surprised." Ellen smiled back. She might not have been, but you were.