Midnight

Luna's POV

I have been running for two years now, my family and home were taken from me. I stopped at small villages, kingdoms, they know me as Azure, I didn't tell them my real name, if they knew my name I would be killed for the things I have taken. I don't have much of a choice, I only have a few coins, I looked at the mighty kingdom.

??: are you coming down and eating or what?"

I jumped down from the tree and landed near Amber, we went inside the base. I joined a small group of travelers, Amber is the oldest besides me, then it goes Olivia and the youngest is Nick.

Olivia: Azure, can you go into the kingdom and get more food please"

: sure, I can ask about trading things too while I'm there"

I walked out of the base and went to the mighty kingdom. One of the guards saw me

Guard: are you new here Miss?"

: Azure and yes, I'm"

Guard: please don't hesitate to ask for help"

: I was wondering if you could show me where the marketplace is?"

The guard led me to the marketplace. I walked over to one of the stands.

Owner: welcome, is there something I can help you with?"

: I was wondering if anyone does trades?"

Owner: I do"

I showed the owner what I have to trade, the owner traded me 30 coins. I brought some food and some firewood, back at the base, I handed the food to Olivia. Neck hugged me. I hugged him back, I placed the wood in the fireplace. Ember was helping Olivia with food.

Nick: Azure, can we go fishing?"

: sure"

I grabbed my fishing rod and went to the river with Nick. I heard people talking about the prince's father being killed, I felt something on my line, I reeled in a fish. 13 minutes later, me and Nick walked in the base. I handed the fish to Olivia, Olivia started cooking.

Olivia: Azure, I know it's night but we need more eggs"

: it's fine* I stood up from the table and went outside* this is going to be fun* I pulled my mask over my mouth* shadow sneak*"

I went to the kingdom and saw a few guards. I sneak over to the egg stand and took 20 eggs, I went back to the base and handed them, Olivia.

Nick: Azure can show me your twin daggers?"

I pulled out my daggers.

Nick: what happened when they connect?"

I put the two together and spin them.

Olivia: dinner is ready"

I stopped spinning them and put them away, we went to the table. Olivia placed a plate of eggs near me, she knows I can't eat fish. I smiled, Olivia placed a plate near Nick, Ember, and herself. I stood up and closed my eyes

: thank you, spirits for allowing us to eat the meal in front of us. to the spirits"

everyone: to the spirits"

we opened our eyes and started eating.

the next day Exia's POV

I was cleaning my weapons when the Prince walked over to me.

the prince: welcome to my guard force, I'm sorry I was not able to speak with you yesterday"

: it's okay, I'm sorry about your loss"

the prince: thanks, my mother is still upset about it, I wanted to ask you something"

: sure, my prince"

Prince: I wanted to ask if you would be my guard for the day, I never do this but I still don't know who killed my father but when I do they are going to be sorry"

: I will"

we went to the marketplace. the lady who owns the egg stand was crying. we walked over to her.

Prince: what's wrong?"

Owner: someone stole from me"

Yamiko: 20 eggs were taken, she had 100 last night before closing"

Prince: thank you Yamiko"

Thoughts: someone must have stolen them after closing and before the sunrise, that person only had one way to come in, the north tower. No guards portals there since the killing. No one was hurt.

Yamiko: should we place a guard here?"

: I don't think that would work, we need someone in the tower"

Prince: I agree with Exia"

: we should make a rule where everyone that works in the market to make a list of everything that they sell, at night they have to make another list with the new total"

Yamiko: but if they sell things they have to remember how much they sold"

: that's right...."

Prince: let's think about this later, right now we need to see about another business"

later that night, I was eating with the rest of the guards from the 1st shift. Yamiko was playing with her soup, she was thinking about something. the leader walked into the room.

??: good job today, tomorrow the prince is having some of you go with him to the other kingdom. I will tell you is going tomorrow before the prince leaves"

the prince must be letting the other kingdoms know about the death of his father. I looked down at my food, I can't remember anything about my past besides my name and power. I felt. my dragon pushing my hand, I gently picked my dragon up and placed him on my lap, he sniffed my food and looked at me,

: don't worry I will get you something to eat"

he smiled and laid on my lap, I smiled and gently pet him.

Yamiko: Exia, what's your dragon's name?"

: flare, yours?"

Yamiko: Nightmancer"

: shadow dragon right?"

Yamiko: yep"

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a few flare's treats. I went back to flare and handed him. Flare tackled me to the ground and started eating the treats. Yamiko helped me up from the floor.

3 days later, Olivia's POV

I was getting some food when I saw the prince placing flowers near a grave, I walked over to him and saw his father's name. I placed a flower on his grave, the prince looked at me.

: I'm sorry about your father"

prince: thank you, are you new here?"

: yes, I live in a camp not too far from here"

Prince: may I ask what you are doing here?"

: getting some food for me and my son"

Prince: you have a son?"

: yea, it seems weird"