Driving him Crazy

Start from the beginning

Ophelia was right when she said that it was cruel to tell him that she would have married him had he asked at the end of the year. But he had insisted she tell him. And Ophelia was always honest with him.

Tom walked into the kitchen to see Primrose Halpert and Daniel McLaggen speaking in hushed tones.

"Riddle." Said McLaggen, alerting Primrose to his presence.

"McLaggen." Said Tom, "Halpert, are you alright?"

Primrose looked pissed, "You should know by now that Ophelia tells me everything. I don't want you to confuse her."

"I haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about." Said Tom and Primrose rolled her eyes. Tom got food from the house elves but not before hearing,

"I heard he can't get it up anymore." Said Primrose to McLaggen

"That happens, mate, your body's way of saying you're not with the right person."

"Are you serious?" Asked Primrose,

"Yep. It was in Witch's weekly, I'm surprised you don't know about it." Said McLaggen.

"Learn something knew everyday. Yesterday I learnt why the sky was blue." Said Primrose, and Tom was finally out of earshot.

Tom hated his life again, everything seemed to be a constant reminder of what he didn't have. Happiness.

"My lord." Said Malfoy from behind Tom.

He turned around and looked down at the blond.

"What is it, Malfoy?" He asked and Malfoy looked shaken.

"May I speak candidly for a moment?"

"What is it? I haven't got all day." Said Tom and Malfoy looked down.

"I think you're handling your breakup wrong. If you wanted any hope of getting back together with her you shouldn't be spreading rumours." Said Malfoy and Tom glowered at him.

"Go away, little ferret." Said Tom and Malfoy legitimately scurried away. Tom sighed, he couldn't help lying it was second nature especially when it came to protecting his reputation.

Tom took another breath and returned to his common room to eat as he studied for his NEWTs. Only one thing that really halted his study was the Oxford shirt on the chair. The one Ophelia had been so fond of wearing. He had never had the heart to move it.

It smelt like her. Honey. He did hope that she had liked the candies he sent. He could have sworn his heart would beat out of his chest when he'd heard she was in the hospital wing.

Then he had seen her with a bandaged arm.

And he had come back to talk to her without the barriers of her friends. She had not looked peaceful at all as she slept almost like she was dreaming of some horrible unforeseen future. He liked speaking to her.

It was merely another reminder of what he had lost. Then he had made her cry. It was one of the worst feelings in the world. She had called him love again. And that had eased the pain he felt in his chest.

He wanted her back, in any way he could have her really. Just to see her smile at him again would be enough.

"I. Am. In. Love. With. Elizabeth. Bennet." Said Ophelia as she clutched her copy of Pride and Prejudice to her chest.

"I know." Said Dottie as they completed their rounds for the evening.

"I just love her she's all witty and refined as fuck." Said Ophelia and Dottie nodded.

"I'm gonna see if McKenna is willing to switch partners with me." Said Dottie, as Ophelia continued to hold her attention.