Chapter Nine: Valentine's Day

Princess Amelia of Illea

February 14th, 2010

As much as I would rather be spending Valentine's Day with my adoring fiance I couldn't. He had meetings with the RAF and today I would be taking Carlos and Celine along with me as we visited the nursing home to celebrate it with the elderly.

"What are we going to do?" Celine asked as we climbed out of the car.

"We will sit with them, talk to them, or whatever they want," Carlos said before the director of the nursing home began making her way over to us.

"Ihre Königlichen Hoheit! Willkommen!" (Your Royal Highness! Welcome!) She said as she bowed to me before shaking my hand.

"Danke, dass du mich gesehen hast! Das ist mein Bruder Carlos und meine Nichte Celine!" (Thank you for having me! This is my brother Carlos and my niece Celine.) I stated as I motioned to my brother and niece.

She shook Carlos and Celine's hand before smiling.

"Welcome to Chamberlain Nursing Home. I am the director Agatha Weber. We are very glad you came today." She began as she started leading us inside.

"Are many families visiting today?" Carlos asked as he held Celine's hand.

"Some families do visit but most do not. They send flowers or a card. It makes them very sad." She explained as we turned left and walked into what I believed was the family room.

Set up was a banner welcoming the three of us and the members of the nursing home.

"Hallo alle!"( Hello everyone!)I said as I waved and I saw everyone smile at me.

"They are delighted to meet you all. You can split up if you like." Agatha stated, and I nodded before moving to the left while Carlos and Celine moved to the right.

I walked over to the round table where three people were playing cards.

"Darf ich mitmachen?" (May I join?) I asked and the only man there motioned for me to take my seat. I smiled as I pulled my chair out and sat down. The dealer me the cards and I played my first card.

"Ist deine Familie gekommen, um dich zu sheen?" (Did your family come to see you?) I asked as I picked up a card.

"Kein Sohn ist in der Armee und Kann es nicht." (No, My son is in the army and cannot.) The woman with black hair and silver highlights stated.

"Du musst Stolz sein." (You must be proud,) I said as I placed a card down and the elder man groaned.

"Er folgte in Meinen Fußstapfen. Ich habe Zwanzig Jahre gedient." (He followed in my footsteps. I served for twenty years.) She whispered and I stared at her for a moment and nodded.

"Von ganzem Herzen. Ich danke Ihnen für Ihren Service." (From my heart. Thank you for your service.) I whispered and the woman smiled.

"I am Andrea. This is my sister Johanna and her husband Jonas." Andrea said and I smiled as I waved to them.

"It is very nice to meet you all. Do you like being here?"

"No. I took care of my momma until she died and I wanted my children to do the same." Jonas snapped and I nodded as Johanna sent me an apologizing look.

"That was my father with my grandmother until she died. He at times refused to leave her." I said as I placed my last card and groaned as I realized I lost.

Jonas chuckled before throwing down his last card and grinning.

"Your father is a good king. You are leaving Illea yes?" Johanna asked and I sighed.

"I can never truly leave Illea. Illea is my home. I was born here and I grew up here. I will always come home." I explained and Jonas nodded.

"Now that will make you a good Queen." He said and I chuckled before I felt someone touch my arm and I looked to see Celine standing there.

"Geht es dir gut?" (Are you alright?) I asked as I picked her up and placed her on my lap.

"Ja, aber ich möchte Karte spielen" (Yes, but I want to play cards.) She said and Jonas raised an eyebrow at Celine before he gathered the cards and shuffled them.

"How do you know how to play?" He asked and Celine stared at me.

"My grandma taught me," She said and Andrea chuckled.

"You heard her Jonas. Deal the girl in." Andrea said and I laughed as I stood up and left Celine in my seat before walking over to Carlos who was helping serve sandwiches. I tucked my hairs in my bun before going to help him.

"Where is Celine?"

"I believe she is wining in cards." I explained and Carlos chuckled before looking over at his daughter.

"She reminds me so much of Emmy." He whispered and I smiled softly thinking of my former best friend.

"I miss her too."

We stood there in silence for a moment before Carlos threw his arms around me and hugged me. I stood there frozen for a moment before hugging my younger brother back.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Getting Celine and I out of the house for the day. It's getting closer to Emmys birthday. Thank you Amy." Carlos said and I smirked softly at him.

"Well of course little brother. What are big sisters for?"

"Happy Valentines Day Ameliá."

"Happy Valentines Day Carlos."