Chapter Nineteen: Social Media

Princess Amelia of Illea 

June 30th, 2010

I sat in the meeting room with Harry, William, Camila, Charles, and our assistants. After Victoria's wedding the positive results we got from social media made me want to create our own royal page. 

After speaking to both of my parents as well as Her Majesty and Prince Phillip, I had gotten the approval and now wanted everyone to join with me. 

"So, I know particularly with this group social media and the press aren't your friends. But I have gotten Her Majesty's approval to create some for the Royal Family. One for Her Majesty and Prince Phillip that documents their events and any lesser Royals. One for Charles and Camila that focuses on them and then us three." I begin as I stood in front of the table. 

"Social Media at times can be horrible as well as the press when they follow us and chase us down. But I have learned since this engagement began if we allow them certain aspects of our life they get bored after a while and will leave us alone." 

"Her Majesty has signed off?" Charles asked as he flipped through the folder I provided for all of them. 

"Yes she has. I will be head of everyone's social media accounts and I have hired a team to help run the official royal one as well as the one for you." I explained to Charles. 

"You can say no. Her Majesty wants hers and believes this will open peoples eyes to us and get them to understand the royal family here in the United Kingdom. In Illea, using social media and the press for our advantage is the best. We beat the gossip and people don't believe the lies certain press spread." 

I looked to Will and Harry who sent me smiles. 

"If you believe this is best then I'm on your side." Will said and I grinned as I turned to Harry.

"Maybe this can help me catch a stable girlfriend putting myself out there." 

I rolled my eyes as Will flicked his brother in the head. I turned over to Charles and Camila and saw them whispering to one another. 

"If we agree what would this process be like?" 

"Well we begin the process of finding you someone you feel comfortable working with. They would follow you on almost all of your engagement and take photos. They would post the best one and show the world that you do." I began as I pressed the next slide for the presentation. 

"Her Majesty and I have picked social media names for everyone. Our three would go public first and then possibly one for Prince Andrew and his family would go next. Working with your social media advisor you set which events to be published and what to be kept private." 

Charles stared at the screen for a moment before nodding. 

"Alright. What name has been given to us?" 

"Clarence House, given that is where you live at." I explained and Camila chuckled. 

"Her Majesty's would just be The Royal Family, it would repost stuff from our accounts and then post on everyone else who doesn't want a public account." 

"And ours?" Harry asked as he closed his file. 

"For now it's going to say Prince and Princess of Wale. I want to change it to just The Wales but Her Majesty doesn't like that." I explained and Harry chuckled. 

"The Wales. Almost like those trashy television shows you like. Well as long as I get my fame I'm fine." He said and I grinned as the door opened and in came Rosemaryand Charles's assistant. 

"Alright Charles and Camila you two will go take a photo for your first ever public post while the three of us take our photo." I explained and they both nodded as they stood up. Camila walked out first and Charles smiled at me. 

"Thank you Amelia. You are going to help us be entered into a new age." 

I bowed my head to him before I turned to the boys and saw them holding champagne. 

"See, we told you it wouldn't be so bad." Harry said as he kissed my cheek. 

"I know. I just still get so nervous speaking to your father ever since your grandmother strip him of being the Prince of Wales." I explained as Will handed me a glass and I stood in between the two brothers. 

"Well Dad deserved that for everything he did to mum. But a toast to Amelia, for helping us become a more modern royal family." Harry said as he lifted his glass up. Will clinked with him and Rosemary took the photo. 

"To my lovely princess, I'm proud of you." Will whispered and I sent him a weak smile before I sipped softy on my champagne. 

"It means a lot to me, thank you both so much." 

@PrinceandPrincessofWales: Cheers to our social media account opening up! Follow us to get our everyday Royal life and personal life! -William, Harry, and Amelia

25864 comments: 

@DailyMailUK: Welcome to the social media world Your Highnesses! Hopefully we may get an interview soon!

@User1:Ahhhh! Welcome!!

@User2: I just love how Amelia is looking at William!