[21] The Beginning of the End

Start from the beginning

"Syndey, what did you hear?" He suddenly breaks the silence. My face falls slightly as I actualy didn't hear anything other then their banter after they thought I left.

"Nothing, I swear!" I rush out and raise my hand up, begging him to believe me.

"You have to tell me the truth, now."

"I am, I promise. I only heard you arguing after I shut the door." I tell him honestly.

"Seriously?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Yes. Now it's time for you to be honest with me." I look at him with a stern look and he seems to grow confused.

"What are you ta-" I cut him off before he can finish.

"Who was that man and what does he have to do with me? With this? He obviously knows about me and you seem to be quite panicked about the situation. Tell me the truth and tell me now!" I demand. I am beyond unpatient at the moment and I think I have waited long enough for the truth; I deserve to hear it.

"It doesn't matter, Sydney. This topic doesn't concern you and neither does that man, just forget you heard anything." Harry shakes his head and tries to walk around me but I grab his arm. That wasn't good enough, I need answers.

"I can't just simply 'forget'! This is my life you have in your hands! This isn't just some stupid middle school secret about who you're crushing on, Harry! I need to know, you've kept me in the dark for too long and i can't take much more of it." I shake my head as tears threaten to fall from my eyes. I'm sick of all of this, I'm at the point where i just want to give up and forget about everything thats ever happened in my life. Before I got here included.

Sadness fills his eyes as he obsorbes the state I'm in. Another sigh escapes past his lips and he moves closer to me and pulls me into his chest, squeezing me to him tightly. The unexpected gesture catches me off gard but I find myself warpping my arms around his waiste anyway. I breathe in his sent as more tears run down my face and he whispers incoherant words in my ear.

"I'm so sorry, I really am. I know I say that a lot but I still won't ever be able to say it enough. I did this to you and that thought kills me but I can't change it. If I could I would but I can't and that's something I'll have ti live with for the rest of my life. But I can't tell you Sydney, I can't." He sighs and pulls away from me.

"Just tell me who he is and what he has to do with this and maybe I'll forgive you." I rush out before my mind can even stop me.

"You don't mean that." He shakes his head with a sad look. "You could never forgive a monster like me."

"You're not a monster, Harry, you just need help. I can help you, if you tell me everything." I try to persuade but he continues to shake his head.

"No, I can't tell you because I refuse to have you hurt worse than you already are." His words confuse me. How can telling me the truth hurt me any more?

I sigh and break eye contact with him. I can't stand and talk with him anymore knowing there is something more going on to this. I turn to walk away but he grips my arm, twisting me around to face him once again. Before I can stop it from happening, he grabs both sides of my face and presses his lips to mine forcefully, pushing me to move along with him. I stop trying to fight it after a minute, realizing he isn't going to let me go until I respond in the way he had hoped. I kiss him back, feeling something I didn't know I would feel when it came to Harry. I like the feel of this, of having him so close to me and sharing this moment with him. It sounds so cliche but it's true. Finally something since I showed up here is true; I love Harry.

It is so wrong and the thought is so foriegn to me but it can't be any more true. I feel so stupid admitting that I love my kidnapper but I can't help it. I don' know why and I don't know how, but I do. And for some odd reason I'm okay with it, because I know that I'll never have to admit it out loud. No one will ever need to know, not even him. It isn't normal and it isn't relevent, so the topic won't ever come up. He doesn't feel the same way toward me, he's only kissing me because he can. He'll never ask how I feel becasue I doubt he cares, so for now, I'm okay with it. I can finally accept it.

I pull away from the kiss and look up at him. He has an unreadable look and I sigh before turning around and going back into my room. I can't look at him for much longer while I think about what I just admitted to myself. I've done something I never thought I would ever do. I fell for him; completely.

Harry

When she pulled away from me and walked away, I couldn't even fathem the hurt I was feeling. The look she gave me shattered my heart beyond repair. She looked so broken and lost and I know it's it's because of me. I caused all of this because I was too much of a coward to refuse putting myself in this situation. Everything could have been so much different and less complicated if I would have just stopped it all from the beggining. I know I've told myself this over and over again but the thought just refuses to leave my mind, no matter how hard I try to stop thinking about it.

That sistuation happened hours ago and I'm currenly locked away in my room just like Sydney probably is. I got up to check on her about an hour ago but she refused to talk to me so I just eventually gave up and left her alone. I called Mike back and told him I had everything under control, though I'm not sure if I even actually do. To be honest, I'm not sure if I want to get things under conrtol anymore. It feels useless to keep trying so hard.

I love Sydney, I love her with everything I have. It's hard to keep going through everyday seeing her like she is knowing that I can't do anything about it. I want to help her through this, help her leave and go home. I am tired of keeping her here in the middle of nowhere, being so far away from everything is starting to get to me too. This has been my home for the past year, but not being able to leave is annoying as hell. It must be a million times worse for her because she has never had any idea where she has been for the last three months. She's closer to everything than she probably assumes.

Thinking about this for so long has made me come to a conclusuion, finally. I've been freaking out and doing absolutly nothing for far too long and I'm done with it now. I'm ending this now, no matter how far I have to go and no matter how much shit I get into for going against him. I'm ending it, not only for me but for Sydney. She has been through so much and I don't think she can handle much more. I refuse to be the one to push her till her end. I wont sit back and watch her slowly fall apart anymore.

I have grown so attatched to her in this short amount of time and I feel things for her that I never expected. She means so much to me and I don't want to let her go but I know that when this is all over she would never want to stay with me. She doesn't love me, she couln't. She is most definitly the one for me but I could never be the one for her, the thought is something that should never even cross my mind. But I can't help but picture us being together like a real couple in the future. I cannot help but think of what it could all be like for us if she wanted to stay. It is not realistic to dream of such a thing but I can't help myself.

-----
Hey guys! Merry Christmas once again, I hope everyone enjoys it. This chapter isn't edited yet because I just wanted to get it out to you because it is pretty late, not too mention I am once again behind on when i planned to finish this story. Sorry for any mistakes, as I'm sure there was probably a lot, but I'll edit this if I get a few minuted today! Leave and comment and vote please! Thanks <3