[18] Spoiled Brat

*Sorry for taking so long, I haven't had much time to write lately but I'm trying my hardest! Also, sorry about the short chapter last time, I didn't realize it was so small but this one will be bigger! Enjoy*

Sydney
*Two days later*

"Harry, can I please stop now?"

"No, there's more work to be done!"

I groan and pick up the cloth in the sink to wipe off the counters. I've been cleaning and taking orders from Harry all morning and to be honest, I'm completely sick of it. I feel like kicking Harry in the face and shoving my foot down his throat.

He was fine all weekend, joking around and actually being nice to me. He was treating me very well; so well, up until this morning. The reason for why he is suddenly being weird toward me is unknown, I haven't got a clue, but it's annoying me to no end and if he doesn't quit I'll be putting a stop to it myself. I'm no longer frightened by him, at least not as of now, and I won't let myself get pushed around any longer. He hasn't physically harmed me a while and even though I know he probably would do it again if he needed to, I will not tolerate his sudden change in attitude for another minute.

"Why are you making me do this?" I turn to him with a huff and cross my arms. I haven't made one mess since I've been here and I'll I've been doing all day is cleaning. It doesn't seem too fair if you ask me.

"Because the kitchen is dirty." He states. Keep calm Sydney, don't do anything you're going to regret.

"It's not really." I shake my head and look around the room. I have done a lot of work to make it look like it does now, but it still wasn't all that untidy to begin with.

"Don't question me, Sydney. Get back to work." He snaps.

"No, Harry! I haven't done anything at all to you, so why are you being like this? You've been being mean and overly rude all morning and I want to know why!" I demand in annoyance. I can see his jaw clench and his anger grow greater, but it doesn't bother me.

"Making you do a little house work once and a while isn't being mean, Sydney! Stop being the spoiled brat you are and stop complaining because it could be a lot worse!" He raises his voice.

What he said caused something inside me to twist. He called me spoiled brat! Maybe if it was true I wouldn't be so offended, but it couldn't be further from the truth. I'm anything but a spoiled brat. Sure, I was privileged with a home, family and friends before all of this started, but a spoiled brat is at the top of the list of things that I am not.

"I'm not a spoiled brat, I'm actually far from it. And I would appreciate it if you wouldn't say things about me that aren't true." I say lowly. Him saying something as simple as that shouldn't bother me, but it does.

"How do you figure you're not a spoiled brat? You had everything! You had a loving family and friends! Im sure you had money also because your house was gorgeous and you always dressed nicely! You're friends looked rather wealthy with their expensive vehicles and I'm sure you had one of your own! So don't tell me you're not a spoiled brat, because you were well off!" He yells loudly, making me jump back from him in surprise. How dare he stand there and tell me how good my life was before this!

"How the fuck do you know my life was just oh so perfect?! It wasn't, it was far from it! Sure I had friends and a family and I dressed decently but my life was far from perfect! A loving family? Sure, maybe at one point, but not for the past few months! My mom and dad were always clawing at each other and pretending to be fine, but I knew they weren't! They tried to look happy around me but I knew they weren't, because I wasn't either! My mom was hardly ever around, working late and all that shit! My dad was always stressed out and on my back about every little thing that I did! And my friends, they were basically the only thing I had that I didn't have to worry about! My clothes and the money my family had, which actually wasn't a lot, didn't mean anything to me! What meant the most to me was the home I had and the people that I knew loved me! But it doesn't matter because you took all that away from me! No matter if I had a lot or not, you took it all away!" I'm basically screaming by the time I'm finished, and tears are streaming down my face endlessly.

It feels good to get that out. I'm sure I've said some of that before multiple times, but that was the first time I ever let him know about what really went on in my life, not just the things that everyone else could see.

He stands there speechless for a few minutes, probably trying to process everything that I said. It was a lot to take in, hell it was a lot to get out, but he deserved to hear it. He should feel bad for calling me a spoiled brat, because if I wanted to be one, I'd be fucking damn good at it and everyone would know!

"I know I took it away, and I'm sorry, but you need to move past that. It's gone, and you won't be getting it back anytime soon, so stop whining and do as I say." He says lowly, looking anywhere but my eyes.

"I can't believe you." I mutter quietly. Although it was more said for only myself to hear, he heard it.

"Well you better fucking start believing, Sydney! You have a roof over your head, a nice warm place to stay, a comfortable bed! You should be grateful I'm letting you stay here! Cleaning up every now and then to pull your weight around here is something you should want to do." He growled and stepped around the island.

"Pull my weight around here? Be grateful you're letting me stay? I shouldn't have to pull my weight! And you're not letting me stay, you're making me! I don't have a choice in the matter! You think I want to fucking be here?! You're forcing me! So don't you dare say I better be fucking grateful for getting to stay here, because I wouldn't be grateful if it was the last damn home on earth!" I yell so loudly that I'm lacking breath by the time I'm finished.

The anger written across Harry's face disappears for the slightest amount of time before it comes back. He groans loudly and slams his fist into the counter, but he doesn't make a move to come any closer to me. What surprises me the most is when he turns around and walks down the hallway, slamming his bedroom door seconds later.

I'm not even sure what just happened or why Harry is causing all of this to happen suddenly, but I know that I'm probably not off the hook for what I just said to him.

I groan to myself and leave the kitchen. Talking to Harry wouldn't be a very wise thing to do at the moment, letting him settle down is the best thing to do. I walk into my room and sit on the edge of the bed. I rest my elbows on my knees and place my head in my hands.

I can't keep sitting here feeling sorry for myself. It's been months in this hell hole and I think it's time to face that I'm not getting out any time soon. It's time to realize that Harry has complete control over me and there isn't anything I can do about it. No matter how hard I've tried to stop it, and no matter how bad I still want to stop it, I can't. It would just be best for both me and Harry if I start listening, if I just give up and do as I'm told. No matter what I'm told to do, I have to start doing it. I'll end up dead if I don't.

-----
Thanks for reading guys! If you wouldn't mind checking out Atelophobia for me please do! No chapters are posted yet or anything but I would love reads and comments about the whole idea itself so far! Love you guys!

~Bailey xx