Chapter 1️⃣1️⃣

Start from the beginning

I close the door and run upstairs and into my bedroom. Lobo was sitting on my bed fully clothed. I thought she would've been in bed, naked, waiting for me.

"My bad, I couldn't get him to leave." I walk over to her, taking off my shirt. "Alright back to business." I lay her down on the bed and start kissing on her neck but she's just laying there.

I sit up, "What's wrong?" I look at her confused. She isn't into this at all.

"Why didn't you tell him I was here?" She asks

"I—I just didn't." I get even more confused.

"Why? You don't want him to know about me? Are you keeping me a secret?"

"What are you talking about? I just told you to post the picture of us on your Instagram. How am I keeping you a secret?" I ask, confused.

"So why didn't you tell him?"

"I just didn't. I don't want him all up in my business. You aren't somebody he need to know about." I say

"Oh, I'm not someone he needs to know about?" She mocks me.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just mean he doesn't need to know about my relationship with you."

"Nah, You just don't want anyone to know that you're seeing me." She says and I just pause. I'm shocked at her anger right now. She can't be serious.

"I'm sorry, I'm so mind blown right now. How did you just flip the script on me like this? You're mad because I didn't tell my friend you were here?"

"Yes. You didn't say I'm spending time with Ammika, you just said you were busy, that you had a lot to do, and that you had the kids with you. And you don't have any of those things right now." She says

"Baby, I just didn't tell him. I wasn't trying to hide you from him or anything like that. I was trying to hurry back to you. He doesn't know that you and I still talk. I haven't told anyone and it's not because I'm hiding you, or want to keep you a secret. It's because I want to keep this thing between us private for right now. Lobo I'm a private person, I just said that earlier. I don't like my business being all over the place. I may want to keep you private but it's not me hiding you, it's just me wanting to keep you and our relationship away from everything and all the negativity. You're the next girl I dated after my divorce, people are going to be hard on you, and they're also going to be hard on me, which could create friction within the relationship if we aren't secure with each other. I just want to keep what we have between us private for as long as I can before outside sources start issuing their opinions on us."

"Since you explained it that way, I guess I understand. I'm sorry." She says in a calm tone.

"When we met, we were supposed to have a one night stand. We were supposed to see each other again, but we did and you're still around. My guys don't know that. And from my understanding, you said your family doesn't know about me either."

"They don't." She says

"But do you see where I'm getting it?" I ask

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Me and the guys used to get together weekly over here, have a big gathering with food and drinks. Next week, Jeff said he was going to bring some people over. I can tell all my people about our relationship then if you want."

"It's up to you. I'm sorry I freaked out." She says, and I see she going back into her shell, she's probably embarrassed for freaking out the way she did.

"But I want to make you happy, so next week I'll announce it to everyone. You can meet everyone, and get to know them. Why don't you invite some of your friends over as well." I say

"That'll be nice." She smiles which makes me smile.

"I'm sorry you thought I was trying to keep you in the dark for whatever reason, but that wasn't what I was trying to do. I'm a very calculated person and I like to calculate how I move, lay out my movement. If I don't see the benefit in something, I'm not gonna do it. I don't like surprises, and this whole relationship that we have going on right now is a huge surprise to me. Our whole relationship has moved a little fast and I've been fighting with myself about that because I'm still calculating in my head, but I'm moving how my heart wants to right now and they're telling me two different things." I explain

"I understand. I'm going to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." She says

"Okay." I say a little confused, watching her go into the bathroom.

We were kind of in the middle of a conversation but okay. I guess when you gotta go you gotta go.

She was gone for like 10 minutes, then she comes back, smiling.

"So are we going to continue fucking or not?" She says sitting down next to me.

I don't know how to feel about her right now, she's off. Something is up.

"Nah, I'm not really feeling it right now."

"Fine."

"Are you mad?" I ask

"Nope." She goes into the bathroom and I follow her. She starts fixing her hair in the mirror.

"Ammika?"

"Forget it." She says

"What's wrong?" This girl is low key crazy. What the hell just happened?

"Nothing, can you just take me home? You have to pick up your kids anyway." She says

"But I thought you were going to stay with me until it was time for me to  pick them up?" I say

She looks at her watch, "You have to pick them up in two hours. Plus, you still have to get your workout in, so just take me home. You can get all of that done and you have so much to do sooo...."

Whoa! I don't know what's going on with her, but she was mad earlier, then I addressed it and I thought we were all good, but now she has an attitude all over again and I don't know why. I don't know what I did but I'm trying to fix it and now it seems like she's going back to the first reason she was upset, which was what happen with Jeff. I'm confused all over again and I don't know what to do.

"I—Okay." I say defeated, "Whatever you want, babe."

"Thank you." She says, then walks out of the bathroom.

I get myself together, put on a shirt and some Jordans, then I walk downstairs. She was standing at the front door.

"I'm not taking the phantom, I'm taking the Range Rover."

"Now you don't want me in your fancy car?" She says with an attitude, "Whatever." She starts walking towards the garage door.

"Wait! Lobo, hold up! What is the issue here?" She continues walking and I follow her. "Is this about earlier?"

"Joe, I don't want to interfere with everything that you have going on. Having me around, which is more of a distraction for you and I have things going on that I need to address and take care of, and a relationship is not something I wanna entertain right now."

"What? I thought we were going to figure this out slowly, now you're saying you don't want it at all?"

"Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying." She says firmly.

"But I told you we would let everyone know next week."

"Well now you don't have to. Take me home please." She says with a smile.

I'm legit dumbfounded right now. I don't know what the hell is going on with this girl. One minute she's happy and we're happy, the next minute she doesn't even want to be with me anymore. I don't understand what the fuck is going on right now.

"Okay." I don't know what to say. If she wants me to take her home, I guess I'll just take her home, and we'll have this awkward ass ride back to Harbour Island.

What y'all think about this chapter??