Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Asha's POV: {Monday}

*Hit*

"What have I told you about not having my damn dinner ready when I get home?!"

*Kick*

"Huh, bitch?! I'm talking to you!"

*Punch*

"Stupid bitch, maybe next time you'll listen to me," He said, giving me one last kick, before going to work in his office. I took a few deep breaths before attempting to stand up. Well, I thought, it could be worse. Wincing as I take a step towards the kitchen, I note the swelling of my ankle. Great, just what I need, I thought sarcastically.

Soup, he likes soup- so I made him soup. I made a small bowl for myself to tie me over. I normally wouldn't do that but it looked so good. After I scarfed a small bowl, I went upstairs and went to bed, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

{Tuesday}

"Hey, lookie here, the freak," Ashley sneered. Laughing as she shoved me into my locker. I hissed as one of my bruises hit the locker. Not today, please not today, I thought.

"Oh, come on Ashley, give her a break for a day," Nick said. The laughing stopped.

"Who are you, and wheres Nick?" Ashley asked him with malice dripping from each word.

"Yeah, seriously Nick, what up man?" Collin asked him.

"You can't be nice for one day? Really?" Nick asked sarcastically.

"Whatever," Ashley said and they left, leaving me very confused.

Sighing, I grabbed me books and used my locker to pull myself up. I winced as I put pressure on my bad ankle. I made my way to creative writing and started to wonder where Analiyah was. The teacher walked in and started announcements.

"Hello class, today we will be-" the door opened, revealing Analiyah.

"Sorry, my locker wouldn't open,"she whispered.

"It's okay, sweetheart, take a seat. So today we will be analyzing imagery in context. Now, I want you to create a list of ways to use imagery in a story," our teacher said. And we all commenced, after Liyah and I shared a look.

The rest of the day went on without any problems, and Nick and I met at my car after school.

"Thanks, by the way," I said.

"For what?" He asked confused.

"For stopping them today," I whispered.

"Oh, that was nothing," He said.

"Still. So, you going to follow me to my house again?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Sure," He replied. He went to his car as I got in mine. I started up my fusion and pulled out of my spot, Nick trailing my the entire way to my 'house'.

Pulling into my driveway, I park and wait for Nick before walking up the stairs to the door. After we are inside, we head straight up to my room.

"So, today I think we should start with her childhood, then her rise. What do you think?" I asked.

"Yeah, fine, by me. So let's get started," He said. I got out my laptop and he got out his, and we started working on our project.

~ ~ ~

*Ding Dong* the door bell sounded.

"That's my piano instructor," I said. I started to get up and he started to gather his things. Packing everything up, I headed down to get the door for Mel. When I opened the door, I was greeted with a warm smile. "Hi, Mel."

"Hi, love," Mel said, "and who do we have here? A boyfriend?" Mel asked looking behind me.

"What? No! Um- we have a history project that we were working on. Right Nick?" I stammered as my cheeks flushed a rosy red.

"Right, and I was just about to leave-"

"No! Please stay. I need to have an opinion today on a song. And also, it would be lovely to finally have her play for someone besides myself," I could kill Mel just about now. Please say no, please say no!

"Well, um- I don't want to intrude," Nick started, looking more than a little shocked.

"I insist!" Mel persisted.

"Fine, I guess," He reluctantly agreed. He came back in along with Mel, and Mel and I lead him to the practice room that we used. I sat down at the bench and started my daily warm-ups. Scales up and down, major chords, minor chords, and so on.

"Okay, I want you to play your new piece," Mel said. Wait, what? No, not that one!

"You mean 'Alone'?" I asked her, unsure.

"Yes, dear. Go on and play. Nick, I want you to listen and try to see the meanings, and over all sound. Okay?" Mel asked and Nick nodded.

I took a deep breath and let my fingers float over the keys...

*A/N: Hi!I am alive! Sorry it took so long, I lost my book with the plot in it so I didn't have my chapter outlines. Blah blah blah, excuses... sorry! Anyways, I hope you all love it and will leave me feedback, or please vote! It really does mean the world, and I really do read every comment and take every oe of them to heart. But anyways, I hope you liked it!*