Daughter of Zoro

NO POV

In the middle of a field on a sunny day we see two people. One of them was an older male while the other was a little girl. Both wielded bamboo swords. The older man was the infamous pirate hunter Roronoa Zoro. The little girl was Roronoa Kuina, the 10 year old daughter of Zoro. 

When Zoro found out he was a dad, saying that he freaked out is an understatement. He was completely got off-guard and in no way prepared for this. However with a lot of effort and a little bit of help he managed to get where he was today with her. 

He named Kuina after his friend who influenced him to become the greatest swordsman. Kuina is like Zoro in some ways. For example she's determined, fierce, and strong. However she doesn't sleep as much as Zoro and is good with directions. 

Currently the two were training. After hearing the stories of her dad's adventures, Kuina wanted to become a swordsman too. It wasn't too long after a few years before she herself became skilled with swords. She's even able to take down regular pirates. 

Zoro: Alright shrimp, lets take a break. 

The two sat down on the porch of their house to rest. Zoro glanced down at his daughter and noticed she looked down. 

Zoro: Hey what's wrong?

Kuina: It's nothing, it's just that...

Zoro: Just what?

Kuina: I heard some people talking about how a woman could never become a swordsman. At first I thought they were jerks but then I did some research. Throughout history there is no record of a skilled woman being a swordsman. Does that mean I'll never be great?

The moment she said that Zoro karate chopped her head. Kuina let out a yelp as she rubbed her head and glared at her dad.

Kuina: What was that for?

Zoro: I never told you that story did I?

Kuina: Tell me what?

Zoro let out a sigh.

Zoro: Years ago when I was a kid I ended up at a dojo. There I excelled and managed to defeat everyone, everyone except a girl. This girl was the daughter of the dojo's master and a skilled fighter. She managed to defeat people who were older than her. I became jealous and trained day and night to defeat her, but I never did. One night she told me that she wished she was a man since she's constantly ridiculed for being a girl. It was then we made an agreement to train until one of us becomes the world's greatest swordsman. 

Kuina: What happened to her?

Zoro: She died, I remember hearing it and couldn't believe. A few days after the funeral her dad gave me her sword and it was then I began my quest. But I never told you her name, her name was Kuina.

Kuina's eyes widened. 

Zoro: The reason I'm telling you this is so you know you can become a great fighter. You've already taken down full grown men. Who knows what will happen once you're older. 

Kuina: You're right, one day I'll become strong and take the title of world's strongest swordsman from you!

Zoro grins at her. 

Zoro: Keep dreaming kid. 

Kuina: Says the guy who wouldnt be able to get home without home. 

Zoro and Kuina stare each other in the eye with burning determination. Zoro than pulls Kuina into a headlock and gives her a noogie as she tries to break free. Zoro lets her go and jumps up. 

Zoro: Last one to town has to clean up after dinner. 

Kuina: You're on!

The two then began their race. Zoro may be faster but Kuina always won. Simply because Zoro always got lost. 

There we go the chapter is finished. I hoped you all enjoyed it. See ya next time!