{𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓} Ty

ಠ_ಠ

_

Warning: none

Vote please!!

Words 1015

_

Jenna

The sun had finally set, the slightest sliver noticeable behind the trees. The stars were full on shining now, so Jenna laid down to look up. "You took me here to stargaze didn't you?"

Tyler nodded, laying down beside her. "I guess so."

"Well, it's very beautiful." Jenna concluded. Tyler nodded.

"I come here to clear my head." Tyler repeated his past statement, looking over at Jenna.

"All stargazing does is fill my head with life." She replied unsatisfied.

"Me too, but it somehow helps me understand it better. It helps me understand my mind." The trees ruffled as wind blew through. Jenna tucked a flyaway behind her ear. "It's like a book. Once you finish it you put it down and stop thinking about it." He explained. "Well, if you finish your thought, maybe it'll go away and stop nagging you."

"What if I don't want to finish my thought?" Jenna asked.

"Then you don't have to." Tyler shrugged the best he could while laying down.

The thing is: Jenna wanted to. She wanted to throw away the thought of feeling guilty, and get rid of the heavy weight on her shoulders. But how could she do that? The only way to get rid of the thought of a lie is to speak the truth. But she didn't want to speak the truth. Her secret was her's to keep. If she didn't want to tell anyone then she won't. Brennan was enough.

Jenna sighed, the silence making her culpability rise into her chest. She even felt bad keeping it from Tyler, because she knew he only wanted to help her.

I mean, she gave him an opportunity to hurt her right when she agreed to go with him somewhere. But instead of taking her into a dark bedroom at a party, he took her to a lake where they could talk freely. She wanted to talk freely with him, but holding things inside made it difficult. She needed to talk to someone.

"About a year ago," Jenna began, the weight lifting off her shoulders immediately, but soon it was replaced with an anxious weight. It was overwhelming. "I went to a party." She paused, gaining her confidence to speak once again. "And there was a lot of people. And... I got hurt." Jenna shrugged. That was all she was willing to say right now. It at least made her feel better.

Tyler gulped, licking his lips because they suddenly felt dry. "You got hurt?" He quietly inquired.

"Yes." She replied shortly. Noticing her sudden disinterest on the topic at hand, Tyler only nodded.

Changing the subject on something so serious was almost always forbidden. It mostly made the person feel worse, or uncared for. This was not one of those times. Tyler knew that if he didn't change the subject it would just get awkward.

He laid himself on his side, his elbow propping himself up, facing Jenna. "Cheeto Puffs or original Cheetos?" He asked, replacing the serious aura to a silly one.

Jenna snorted out a laugh at his question. "What? Really?"

"What? I'm a curious guy." He chuckled.

"Okay... normal Cheetos. The ones that are like — I don't know— small fingers." She described, making Tyler burst into laughter.

"Woah, okay. Violent much?"

"What? You asked!" Jenna defended, and Tyler laughed even more.

"Alright, alright. I agree. The small finger Cheetos are the best." He rolled his eyes.

Jenna let out one final laugh until it fell silent again. Tyler laid on his back once more, gazing at the stars. This was a comfortable silence, so they both allowed it to join them.

The only sound that could be heard was the occasional ruffle of the Lake's small waves—probably from a fish,— and the constant clickering of the crickets.

Tyler enjoyed them, and closed his eyes. The clickering of the crickets continued as a new sound entered the world. It wasn't exactly new, but it wasn't nature.

It was Jenna's phone was buzzing beside her, making her quickly check it. It was her mom, and she sighed.

"My mom is probably really worried right now." She let out a humorless laugh.

"Yeah. You should take it." Tyler nodded, looking away as some sort of privacy for the girl, even though he was literally right beside her.

"Hello?" Jenna's eyes immediately furrowed. "Are you oka-... no I'm with Tyler he took me somewhere... okay... yeah... I'll be back as soon as I can." Jenna hung up the phone, taking in a deep stressed breath, before shaking her head.

"What is it?" Tyler asked curiously.

"She wouldn't tell me. But she said I had to be home quick because we had to talk." She shrugged, but it was obvious she was nervous.

Tyler didn't hesitate to stand, quickly gathering the blanket and heading back to the truck, Jenna following close behind.

"What do you think it's about?" Tyler asked as they hopped into his truck.

"Not sure, but she was sniffling. It sounded like she was crying." Jenna let out a sigh of distress, as she massaged her forehead.

Tyler quickly began out of the small pathway of the woods, his eyes furrowed in concentration to get her home quickly.

"Where do you live?" He asked, and Jenna placed her phone up on the dashboard for Tyler to look at.

He followed the map, both of them silent. Jenna watched the trees pass and buildings come into view. A constant gnawing feeling in her stomach was hard to ignore, and it made her feel like she needed to throw up.

"I hope everything's okay." Jenna spoke with worry in her voice.

"Everything is probably fine, Jen." Tyler assured as he pulled into her driveway.

Jenna hesitated with the door handle before finally opening the car and stepping out. She peered into the car from the open window. "Thank you for this, Ty. You really helped me."

Tyler nodded, trying to hide his smile from the nickname. This was a serious time.

As she walked inside, he let the smile escape to his lips.

Ty

_

Even if you don't comment normally, could you tell me how you are liking the book so far?

Any theories of what's to come??

I really would like the feedback, also if you have any theories that would be awesome. Like I said, this is pre-written so the whole book has already been made up. Theories would be cool to read 😂