thirteen!

WRONG!
(REAL LIFE && TEXT MESSAGES)

"SADIE, HEY BUDDY!" rain said out loud, trying to signal millie and lilia to do something, anything.

"hey buddy." sadie copied rain's choice of wording. "i thought i could find you here. can we talk?" sadie asks, noticing millie and lilia pop their heads at the doorway where rain and sadie are. "alone?"

"um, sure. let's go to my room." rain walks past sadie and starts to go to her room.

"that was weird." rain heard sadie mumble to herself.

as soon as rain opened her hotel room door she realized she left noah there all alone. once she walked in she saw noah sitting on her bed scrolling through tik tok. "hey babe. can you leave?"

noah looked up to see rain and an uncomfortable sadie. "yeah, sure." before noah leaves he kisses rain's check, making sure sadie saw it.

when noah left the two girls sat on opposite sides of the bed. if things weren't so awkward between them the pair would be snuggled up while watching netflix, but things felt so awkward between them. rain didn't know where to start. sadie did ask her to talk, so she assumed sadie would start the conversation. but sadie didn't, she just sat there quietly.

"sadie?" rain's voice cracked.

"yeah." sadie hummed.

"i'm sorry." rain turned so that she was facing sadie.

"i'm sorry too." sadie faced rain.

"what?" rain shook her head, "i'm the one who should be apologizing. i didn't tell you i was dating your best friend and i ignored you for the whole week for no reason." rain explained.

"i know, but i just got mad at you and i didn't let you explain yourself. you could've been ignoring me because you were busy with lilia, which i totally get." sadie says.

"well, i'm sorry. i wasn't ignoring you because i was busy with lilia. i was ignoring you because i wanted, i wanted to see what life would be like without you." rain looked at everything but sadie when she said that.

"what, why?" sadie furrowed her eyebrows.

"i'm scared of losing you." rain confessed.

"rain look at me." sadie softly said, trying to get the blond to look at her, but she wouldn't budge. "rain." sadie tried again, tilting rain's chin so that rain would face her. they sat closer now and they were face to face. they were so close that if one of them leaned in, they would kiss. sadie had thousands of butterflies in her stomache. when rain's eyes met sadies, sadie so badly wanted to kiss her. instead, she said "you will never lose me."

"promise?" rain softly said.

"i promise. even if you break noah's heart, even if you break mine. i'll there as long as you want me there." sadie smiled.

"okay." rain leaned forward, for a split second sadie thought rain was going to kiss her. but instead rain wrapped her arms around sadie for a hug, resting her head on sadie's shoulder.

• • •

it was a little past midnight and rain snuggled up against sadie. rain feel fast asleep, while sadie stared at the ceiling. sadie couldn't fall asleep. she couldn't stop thing about what happened earlier. what if she kissed rain? would everything be different? her thoughts were interrupted when the hotel door opened. sadie carefully sat up, making sure she didn't wake up rain. she then reached for her phone beside her and turned on her flashlight, pointing it towards the doorway.