Chapter 30: You've Been Served

Start from the beginning

He nods eagerly, “It’s fine.” He replies, not breaking the kiss.

My hands are locked around his neck, my fingers twisting themselves into the hair at the nape of his neck. I slide them down, going down his chest, and to the edge of his t-shirt. I pull the navy blue fabric over his head, tossing it to the floor and tracing the planes of his stomach with the tips of my fingers. Ryder takes his lips away from mine, moving them down to my neck and collarbone, peppering them both with kisses.

          “I missed this.” Ryder admits his voice husky.

I nod, my breath hitching in my throat, “Yeah, me too.”

          “This could potentially ruin the moment,” He warns, his lips still at my neck, “But did you and Matt kiss?”

          “I’ll admit, it ruined it a tad, but no.”

He stops moving his lips against my neck, and brings his head back up, looking at me. “No?”

          “No.”

          “Really?”

          “Well, don’t sound so surprised.” I tell him.

          “I’m not; I just thought you would have.”

          “I don’t wanna talk about Matt, or anyone else for that matter.” I inform him.

          “Right, me neither.” He replies, going back to the task at hand.

Seconds later, my shirt is off and laying on the floor near Ryder. He discreetly - apparently not so discreetly - looks at my polka dotted bra and chuckles. “Cute.” Ryder says, amusement in his voice as he goes back to kissing me.

          “Oh hush,” I mutter against his lips. “I didn’t account for us doing this today.”

          “Spontaneous is the best policy.” He tells me. Ryder carefully rolls on the couch, pulling me on top of him. It’s not a small couch, but it isn’t ridiculously large. Outside, I faintly hear a car door close.

          “Did you hear that?” I ask him, looking towards the door, pulling away from his eager lips.

          “Nope,” he replies, leaning up to kiss me again.

I put my hand on his chest, stopping him. “Someone’s here.” I say, getting off of him and pulling my shirt on.

Ryder groans, sitting up, grabbing his own shirt and pulling it over his head. The doorknob jingles and then opens, revealing a tired looking Uncle Ricky. “Oh hey you two, Ryder I didn’t know you were coming home today.”

Ryder nods, running his hand through his hair which is sticking out in all different directions. “Yeah, they wanted to keep me in for another week, but I wasn’t letting that happen.”

          “How you feeling?”

          “I feel good.”

          “Good, and if you ever do something so stupid again, I’ll personally wring your neck.” He threatens. Of course, he’s only joking. Uncle Ricky wouldn’t hurt any of his kids intentionally or otherwise.

          “Got it Dad.” Ryder nods, chuckling.

Uncle Ricky chuckles too, walking past us mutter something along the lines of, “Teenagers. So hormonal.”