Fourth

an: i know it's going a bit slow but it will pick up soon. please bear with me. >.<

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I was called into the principal's office the next morning. There I found Kole, Dawaen, some other guy, and the principal. It looked more like an intervention than whatever was going on here. Kole was off to the side while Dawaen and the other guy were sitting. Dawaen looked pissed off and had his arms crossed as he hunched over in the seat.

"Have a seat, Mr. Holt."

I hate when older people call me that. They do it to try and make you seem important when all it does is make them feel like they are talking to an adult so they can make you feel guilty and ashamed. I sat down in the empty chair beside Dawaen.

"It seems like we had a bit of an altercation in the lunchroom yesterday?"

"We did?"

"Mr. Cyrio, please show him."

Dawaen turned to me and I had to try and not smile at my beautiful handiwork where dark bruises formed around his throat.

"I was told that you were responsible for this?"

"And."

"You little piece of shit-" the other man started.

"Mr. Cyrio, please, this is a school matter." The principal chastised. He then turned back to me. "Is there a reason why you did this to him?"

"Of course. Dawaen beat up Max Taylor so badly that he went into emergency labor and then died because of the complications. Yesterday, Dawaen decided he wanted to share some of those gory details with me and so I took it upon myself to shut him the fuck up."

"Mr. Sprint said that you instigated the conversation."

"No. Dawaen was already talking and Kole tried to stop him. I just let him continue what he was saying."

"So you baited him?" Dawaen's dad said.

"He could have stopped talking." I said with a glare. "No one asked him to run his big fat mouth to me about my friend's death."

"Because of you my son can't talk now because you bruised his throat."

"My best friend is dead because your stupid son kicked him everywhere!"

"Mr. Holt, you know that we do not accept any form of violence on the school property and for you keep saying that he was involved in a matter off of school grounds-"

I started laughing. I couldn't help myself because the whole thing was so wrong. This asshole says there's a zero tolerance policy for violence when Dawaen beats people up everyday and then tries to say I'm the horrible one for trying to frame Max's death on Dawaen when he got his stupid throat bruised for telling me in detail about it! I was insane!

"Does something amuse you, Mr. Holt?" the principal said with a look.

"The only reason Dawaen hasn't gotten his ass arrested for assault is because of his old daddy dearest here, right? You say there's a zero tolerance policy? Then why does he beat up people every day and not one time have I see an SRO officer coming to help out? Hmm? That's because Daddy Warbucks has some deep pockets."

"You have no proof of your accusations, Mr. Holt, and I find your actions as of late a bit disturbing and disruptive. You've lashed out often, yelling at people, accusing people of crimes... I know that Max Taylor was your friend and that he was wronged, but you can't take it out on other people."

"Oh, but this guy can?"

"What are you insinuating?" Mr. Cyrio said, giving me this look.

I looked at Dawaen and then at Kole and realized that I stumbled upon a secret. I just folded my hands on my knee.