2 - sir ✔

3rd POV:
Two months had past since that had happened.

Nao was lucky none of the dead or other people had tried to break into the apartment.

It was nerve-wracking from the beginning till the end. People screaming outside, neighbors hanging themselves but still visible through their windows and then eventually turning afterwards. It only took two days for the police to try and shoot down both the dead and living people, only to end up becoming one of them.

For one Night, Nao had to sleep underneath her bed so she wouldn't get shot through her window accidentally. Even just looking out her window to the sky was depressing.

Aside from food and water going out, being in the same house as your whole dead family was the worst part. It fucked with her mentally and the smell of dead bodies didn't make it much better.

---

Some of the Zombies started messing with the front door handle again, as Nao spend time with packing.

"Those things have been walking against the door since this morning, did they just figure out I live here?" Nao scoffed, her hair was all messy and the thought of carrying such a heavy bag didn't exactly make her happy.

Both bags were full of guns, ammo, meds and other essentials. She also took her dad's military-looking jeans, sewed them into her size, even if they looked like shit and then wore a hoody since she wanted to cover herself as much as possible.

"First time I can be happy my dad's a retired soldier and my mom's a nurse..." She thought to herself.

She went back to look at her family one more time, everyone still layed just where they died, only that flies were flying over their dried up blood and they were almost unrecognizable.

Throwing the bags over her shoulder, she breathed in one last time, just not feeling like crying.

"This is it."

Walking into the corridor between both bedrooms, the couch laid infront the door leading out to keep it closed just in case, Nao just stood there, looking down to the ground.

She tried using her voice but got it stuck in her throat, only escaping as a whimper.

Dropping her head, she held back her tears again as she dug her nails into the palms of her hands.

"Ah-I love you." She whisperd what she could get out. , before quickly turning on her heel.

There was no going back now. Pulling herself thought her bedroom window she carefully stepped onto the fire escape stairs not wanting the dead all around her to react to her.

She was lucky she only only lived on the second floor to begin with, making it a much easier to escape, the corpses however don't get any less.

Laying low, Nao stayed near the walls. Every now and than one of those things waltzed by, which made her uneasy at first, but after seeing the convenience store just a few meters away she sighed in relief.

Quickly running her way in she jumped through the broken glass door, not feeling safer by a bit, as she waved around her gun.

"Don't be a pussy Nao - Shit could be worse than having to go down the street and taking 20minutes to do so." She tried to convince herself, heart racing.

Breathing in, she looked around the rundown place for any food. Things had already been taken except for a few things, everything, blood on the ground and shelves flipped.

"Fuck... Even tho everything is gone down, it looks more like I'm here to rob the place rather, than search for people and food."

She put her bags down and stretched a little. "Maybe I shouldn't have taken so many guns... What if I don't meet anyone?"