I rolled to my side, my arm tucked under my head and I looked at him, "He's not going anywhere. We'll figure something out. Plus, there is no way anyone is getting on a ferry to come here after a hurricane. So, I think John B will be safe another day", I assured him.

John B soon got back, and we all sat around and drank and talked until the storm really started to hit, "Well I'm going to bed. I'm just gonna sleep through this."

"That's probably a good idea", I said, "I think we should follow John B's lead JJ."

"Yeah yeah", JJ said, he was already halfway asleep, on top of being high and a little drunk, he was bound to crash any minute.

"Night", John yelled as he walked back to his room.

"Peace", I yelled back.

JJ sat his beer bottle on the floor next to the bed and just flopped back into the pillow. The wind outside really started to pick up and the lights began to flicker.

"Here goes the power", I said quietly.

I hated hurricanes. They were just so violent, and I hated violence. I may present myself as tough, but actually I'm not. I scooted closer to JJ as thunder cracked, I could swear I felt the house move from its foundation. JJ sat up and put his arm around me and tried to comfort me, knowing my dislike for hurricanes.

"Just go to sleep. It'll be over before you know it", he said reassuringly.

"If we make it through", I mumbled.

"Go to sleep negative Nancy", he scoffed.

We laid down. JJ was out the second his head hit the pillow, but me...I was up for quite a while.

                                                                               ***

The next morning, I was woken up by John B. He had walked into the living room and smacked JJ.

"Yo, JJ, you been outside?", he asked as he walked towards the door.

"I have polio, bro. I can't walk", he groaned.

I rolled over just in time to see the screen door close behind John B. I sat up and looked around. Well the house was still standing. I shoved JJ a little.

"Knock it off", he said and buried his face into the pillow.

"JJ, come on get up", I said lightly smacking his back as I climbed over him, getting out of bed.

I stood and stretched as JJ dragged himself out of bed. I took JJ's flannel off the back of a chair and put it on over my tank and shorts. The mornings after hurricanes were always cold to me. I pushed my hair back out of my face and then both JJ and I headed out to see the damage for ourselves. I walked out first onto the porch, JJ was behind me but he had to grab a beer first.

A good number of trees where down and branches practically covered the HMS Pogue that sat close to the house. John B was walking towards her as I pushed the screen door open on the porch. The yard looked like someone had come in and cut all the branches off the trees and scattered them across the yard. You couldn't really move without having to step around or on one.

"Oh man", John B groaned as he got to the pogue.

"Agatha did some work, huh?", I heard JJ call from behind me.

"Yeah she did", he called back.

JJ was coming up behind me drinking on a beer. I stepped off the porch, onto the steps. John B started pulling branches from the pogue. JJ pushed himself off of the door frame and burped as he did so.

I looked back at him, "Eww. That's gross", I complained as I left my stop and made my way over to help John B. We pulled most of the branches off and then climbed up into the boat to get the smaller debris from the inside. JJ slowly walked over and joined us.

"What you thinkin'", he asked John B as he approached my side of the boat.

I looked up at them as I threw a branch out. JJ was right, John B had a look.

"I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze", he shrugged as he still pulled debris, "All those drum are gonna chase the crab."

"What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?", JJ asked him, a hint of concern in his voice.

John B laughingly said, "Nah. They're not getting on a ferry."

I looked to JJ, "Told you", I smirked thinking about the conversation we had last night.

"Come on guys, think about it. It's God telling us to fish", he said waving a small branch towards the marsh.

"Well then who are we to stand in the way", I smiled at them.

JJ patted the boat, "Let's get her back in the water then. We got some fishing to do boys and girls."

"Whoo", I yelped as we hopped out and started the chore of getting the pogue back to the water.

We all went in and changed first. That way we could just get in the water and go. I put on my maroon bikini, blue jean shorts, and just threw on JJ's flannel and rolled the sleeves up. I put my hair half way up in a bun just to keep it out of my face. They boys put on board shorts and t-shirts and we headed out.

I cleared the way of debris best I could as the boys loaded the pogue up to the back of the van. Once our path was clear enough, I hopped into the pogue as they backed it into the water. JJ launched it and John B drove the trailer back up as I turned it over and drove it around the dock and waited for them. They walked down the long dock laughing and shoving each other like they did. JJ had his bag and mine and John B carried his backpack.

"Welcome aboard boys", I smiled as I moved from the driver's seat to take my usually seat at the front of the boat.

"Here's your bag Princess", JJ said tossing my old grey messenger bag at me.

I thanked him as John B pulled away from the dock and we headed towards the main dock and marinas to get the others. I pulled a towel from my bag and sat it out on the front and took my seat. I grabbed my sunglasses and put them on then reclined back onto my elbows, enjoying the smell of the water and the sun that was coming up.

A/N: Sorry this is a short chapter. I'm going to make them longer, and I'm going to try and update often and as much as possible. Thank you for all the comments so far! You guys are fantastic!