Her...

"It's finally here", I thought as the water from the shower dripped slowly on my soapy hair. I've waited my whole life from when I was 12 to be given this opportunity and it finally came and as the best birthday gift a kid in my circumstance could get. After the long shower, I took alotta time combing my hair, which was blonde with a few black shade strands, as I thought about how I was going to relate with the people I was going to meet at normal school, and my parents just stood at my room door looking at me and smiling with little tears of joy rolling down the corner of their eyes, then to their cheeks, and down to their chins, cause for the first time after I lost my brother I was actually happy.

I was going to be staying with my sister in the United States. Didn't see much of her cause she also worked for a secret government agency and only had time to visit during the holidays. I can still remember her beautiful blue eyes which made the oceans look colorless again, even with their reflection, also her perfectly pink lips that everyone was jealous of and her coiled afro that brought out the African part of her. This is cause her skin had more of white than black. She's what people call a light skin dark skin, making it harder to be sure whether she's a white or she's African.

She wanted me to come stay with her cause it would give us an opportunity to catch-up the lot of years that she wasn't there for me. Also cause she was on a 12 month leave from the agency.

As my Butler, Albert, took my things to the chopper I touched my pockets and neck and noticed that I was missing something. I ran back to my room to look for it and there it was on the reading table at the corner of my room, where I fell asleep the previous night while reading my brother's book on how to relate with people in high school. The locket, given to me by my brother when I got back from Lil Cadet Academy, was golden, chain and all, with a few scratches which I got on it as a kid. Inside a pic of my brother which I've kept like forever to keep reminding me of him.

I picked it and ran back out to get in the chopper that was taking us off the island.

**********

I was standing in front of my supposed high school, kids of different ages and sizes passing from God knows where. I was trying to make up my mind to take the first step because the people that noticed the new kid standing right beside a Hummer couldn't do anything but stare. My mom told me what I was supposed to do when I got in and blew me a kiss before the driver drove off. I started advancing slowly towards the school door but I noticed some kids who just kept on watching. I then remembered one of the tips from my brother's book which said, "Even if you don't belong there, act like you do," and that changed the perspective of everything. I chinned up, pushed my hair to the side, and took my first confident stride, best feeling ever. Just to add up to the mix, I saw this hot girl staring from a distance, and I felt like it was the perfect opportunity to check whether I was as smooth in words as I was in walking, so I walked up to her. She was with 3 friends who all stared at me weirdly as I walked up to where they were standing. Reaching there I looked her in the eye, putting it all on the line and said, "Hi there, I'm Scott, and I think you dropped something, my jaw, because right now I feel like I'm in heaven mostly cause I'm face to face with an angel. Your eyes have told me a lot of things about you, except from your name. Hope that you pretty link lips could fill me in," and topped it off with a killer smile. She stood there, jawdropped, looking at me, and before she could say anything, a group of boys walked over to see what was going on. They looked like bullies and as a new kid in the last year of high school, I wasn't ready for trouble with anyone in school.

They were the baddest boys in school, had the style and swag and rich parents, but not as rich as mine though. Their leader, Sean Carter, was kinda tall, white kid with long nice hair, and also the best basketball player in the academy, South Beach High. He was the kinda kid that got whatever he wanted from his parents which made him to be envied by alotta at school. The other kid in their squad, Mason Rodriguez, was from Brazil buh moved to the United States with his parents when he was 14, not as tall as Sean but pretty tall too. He had black soft hair which moved with the wind and was a soccer player. He was once into hockey but his parents made him go for soccer instead and it worked out great. The last squad mate was Carl Hathaway, a new part of their squad. He was more physically built than Sean and Mason buh was surprisingly the nicest among them. He was the quarterback of the school's football team and was loved by almost everyone in the school. Because they were all the best in their games literally almost every gurl wanted to date em, also cause their parents were rich. If I was gonna be like my brother I guess they were the competition.

When they reached where we were standing they touched my shoulder and were like, "You're the new rich kid right?" Holding back all negativity I answered nicely, thinking it'll change the tensed atmosphere but it didn't work. Sean then said,"You better know your boundaries around here cause Chloe here is my sister and you wouldn't wanna mess with her cause you'd be messing with me." "Stop being mean Sean," she said in my defence,"He was just tryna ask for directions to the Dean's office." He looked at her, then back at me, and said,"Y'all better keep it this way cause I'd be watching you,"and walked away with his crew. Sighing in relief, and thinking that my cheesy lines worked, out I turned to continue her conversation and she was like,"Don't think your cheesy lines worked, I just helped you cause I was scared that he was gonna hurt you on your first day at South Beach High, also cause you're really cute. For saving you from my psycho brother, you owe me, how bout we go on a date on Saturday?"

To the girls that I was standing in front of I was too shocked to talk buh in my mind I was starting to love the normal high school life of a kid and the smirk that slowly made its way across my face tells the whole story.