Chapter 9: Waiting

I arrived at detention later that day 5 minutes early to find Luna and him having a full out discussion. Something along the lines of what to bring to Christmas dinner of all things. Walking past them, without either of them noticing my presence I went to the storage room and grabbed my watering can.

Starting at the other green house I began watering the plants, making a note of things I would need to do after detention. Homework to be done, conflict with Chris to be resolved and rumours to be squashed. Just your standard day in Slytherin I suppose.

Putting such thoughts to the back of my mind I concentrated on the task in front of me, making sure that I gave just the right amount of water so that they would survive till the morning. It was different to the amount in the morning since they were in the sun all day but still needed a lot for photosynthesis. Debating with myself whether or not they would need more or less water, I continued watering the plants with an average amount of water.Letting out an exasperated sigh I became aware that someone was watching me, the hairs on the back of my neck rose as it did when I was alone with Dandy.

I bet if she could she would push down a well. I knew that the first day I meet her and much hadn't changed since. The only reason I had put up with her for the past few years is because we shared a room, and if I got on her "bad side" she would make it her mission to piss me off for all eternity. Since I planned on studying instead of going to jail for conspiracy to murder I was forced to grin and bear her idiocy and current hissy fit. She thought she had the upper hand- I hasn't even tried anything yet.

Amelia was all good as far as I was concerned, as was Derek. Chris... Well, he cheated on me with Dandy so I had tried to be nice and make us neutral friends. I wonder how he would react if he knew that I had walked in on them making out- on my bed I might add. It obviously wasn't the first time, and I admit it hurt because I had started developing feelings for him. After the whole you used me speech the other night I nearly gave up on us ever being friends, but I was determined when I needed to be.

Finally done I put my watering can back, and nearly tripped over when I saw the silhouette of someone in the door. It was a very small room if not a broom cupboard and I had completely forgotten about the person watching me.

'Neville,' I muttered as a greeting, squeezing past him into the lounge.

'Blair, what were you doing?' he asked, pulling up a chair next to mine as I sat down. I shrugged.

'I was watering the plants for detention,' I told him, staring at him weirdly.

'I was planning on making you do lines,' he muttered.

'Yeah, I intend on watering the plants,' I shrugged, offering up a smile.

'Only under supervision and arrive on time tomorrow,' he told me, frowning.

'I arrived early, you were just too busy chatting with Luna to notice,' I informed him.

'I apologize for that, but can I have my pajamas back now? They were a gift from a friend and I think there are enough rumours flying about right now without you walking around in them,' he said, a small blush creeping on his face.

'Neville I did not steal your pajamas in a creepy way, I took 'em because they are awesome and smell of coco. I will keep them until you find me an exact copy- coco and all. I assume that you keep blushing because of the pajamas,' I said, tilting to my head as I waited for an answer. He looked at me with his mouth hanging open. Still blushing but in a different way than before, this time it was just his cheeks that were glowing, which was still rather cute but now as cute as when he was mad.

'Well, not exactly,' he mumbled, squirming in his chair looking highly uncomfortable.

'You do realize that you like a kid caught with his hand in a cookie jar, Neville?' I asked, smirking. His blush faded slightly as his face pulled into a frown.

'You're not helping,' muttered Neville, a pained expression forming.

'Not helping what?' I asked, concerned. I didn't mind getting him annoyed, but I didn't want to cause any actual strife. I just need to remind myself of what he really thought of me, and that he could suffer a little too.

'First you have been nasty since the minute you stepped foot into my class and then you threatened to make me fall in love with you, and now you are acting nicer so I can't help but wait for you to do something to me,' he said, running a frustrated hand through his hair as he stood up. Walking to a couch he made sure there was plenty of room between us.

'Oh, that. Sorry, I just was terribly upset with the whole you calling me a slut thing, consider it a brief lapse in judgement on my part. Besides it wasn't your class, you were a student teacher back then,' I told him. It was approaching 9 o'clock and I could imagine Malfoy pacing in his office, trying to find a way to let me down gently while elaborating on his previous inappropriate behaviour.

'And you made it near impossible,' he muttered, glaring at me.

'I was doing you a favour- not all your students are going to be a bunch of swooning girls you know,' I told him. It was true, the only reason I noticed him truly was because Mandy kept going on and on about how cute he was. Then she was all about Malfoy and currently was besotted with Devrin.

'They don't swoon over me,' he said, going bright red. Like Rudolf.

'No, they've all moved onto Malfoy. I once had a crush on his hair, if only Chris had that hair he would be the perfect guy...,' I trailed off.

'His hair?' Neville asked.

'Come on, you have to admit he has awesome hair,' I said, raising an eyebrow.

'He takes good care of his hair,' Neville admitted.

'I think you look cuter with rolled-out-of-bed hair, it suits you,' I told him.

'Thank you, I suppose,' he said, his hand running through his hair.

'You're welcome,' I told him, running out the door. Now I to go and talk with Malfoy

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxo

thnx for reading ^-^

fan/vote/comment!!!!

Lol, my friend went to read this (but then her laptop started playing up) so I told her- 'but its innocence may hurt your perverted mind.'

ps. does anyone else feel bad when they use txt lingo on a writing site???

Quick edit 20/06/16