PROLOGUE

Natalia looked at the window pane, rain drops we're blurring the view outside . She could hear siren going off from ambulance. Turning to her left she looked at five year old Davina who was sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face.

I will protect you always no matter what my love she looked at her with determination in her eyes.
Clicking of door knob drew her attention towards door as she looked at her doctor he had blond hairs and blue eyes Dr Steve entered with his usual smile.

"How are you feeling today?"
"Much better, though this broken arm still hurts but I am fine"
Putting his usual smile he started writing on his writing pad
" When can I leave doctor?"

He turn to look at her "Well I was going to announce your discharge today" he smiled and continued "but  please don't not forget to meet with your psychiatrist, you need to release those emotions out , so you do not get into such troubles again"

She had a smile on her face.

It was four in the evening as her best friend Clara stood near her bed with her bag as Natalia held Davina in her one hand and they exited the hospital in her car.

"What are you planning?" Clara asked while driving
"I don't know... Clara I feel broken, useless and nothing is left except her" she looked at Davina.

"You should start fresh Natalia, come with me to Charleston, we can start fresh , you have degree, you are experienced . No one can make brownies and puddings like you do, I will help you In setting up your business ..."
Natalia zoned out at what her best friend was saying, she was looking at her , Clara had always cheared her up and she was right , it was for Davina she had to take up her responsibility.

"Fine I will, but I won't be living with you and Ben " she said mentioning her best friend's fiance that she never liked, she wanted to start fresh and on her own.
"Fine.... I will arrange a place for you, when are we leaving"

"Clara I want you to look for a house for me I will drive on my own with Davina"
"Boring.... God Natalia , you just enter the border of Charleston and I am going to change your social life"

A ghost of smile formed over her face seeing her best friend with determination in her voice and zeal to  destroy her social life brought back some fun memories.

A week later Natalia was feeding Davina as the little devil was trying her best to make a mess of her food.
They had packed all the belongings and was ready to move on with what was left in their life.

The car accident few weeks back resulted her in losing her father and hurting herself , they say it was a miracle she survived .
The inspector suspected someone did it intentionally, someone who wanted to harm them. He also related the accident to her previous accident that took place few months ago.
Few months back Natalia was coming back from her work, she worked as a chef in a restaurant which was famous among the locals in this small town of Ohio.
When the accident happened, a truck out of nowhere came into view and crashed into her car.
The worst that happened to her was she only remember how the accident happened . She lost her memories partially, she remembered nothing about her college life, nothing about life she had after that. Not even that she gave birth to Davina.

Natalia accepted Davina as her daughter , her face made it very clear that they were mother daughter, she was slowly recovering from all these, her father had always been her support, her anchor .
He helped her with accepting her reality.
And eight months later he left her alone with her daughter in this world.

She looked at photo frame as she packed it in her bag, it contain her father and Davina, both there faces had chocolate spread over them as they showed their chocolate hands for photograph.

I miss you so much dad  a tear found it's way towards her cheeks.
"Moma" she turn to look at Davina at the same time Davina put her tiny hands over her cheeks wiping those tears.
The small gesture brought a smile over her face.
She may not remember giving birth to her, but the mother's love came naturally for Davina . She knew this child was hers and only her.

Filling up other essentials in her duffle bag she looked at her family house for the last time.
It wasn't easy to leave her childhood house, to sell it off. But she needed money and protection too.

The main reason Clara was intending for her to shift was to be away from this danger and in front of his eyes.
She may not go along well with Ben before and after her accident she met him once , though this time she didn't felt any threat from him and she knew Ben could protect her there, as per Clara he had contacts.

Clara and Natalia we're childhood friends, so we're there mothers.
They parted when college and career entered there life. That's when Clara met Ben.

As per Clara and her father they don't know who Davina' s father was. Clara told her that she had a relationship with a guy she was serious about and one day he left, he may not be even aware of Davina 's  existence.

It was two in the noon as they took of for Charleston.....
New life ahead waits for them.

,................
A/n
Hey guys welcome to this journey, I hope you guys get familiar with Natalia. Can't wait to upload next chapter