Can't destroy you

Start from the beginning

He met her eyes looking at her face searching furiously for something to tell him she didn't knew but one look at her and the realization dawned upon him that she did.

He shattered her.

"I had stumbled upon you talking to Elder Clesmond in secrecy, I thought I had done everything for you to believe me Rhy, to have faith in me....guess I was wrong."

She came close to him, holding his palm up her face, making him cup her cheek.

"I did this in the cave where I thought you would wake up with my touch but guess what Rhy, your hand slipped right past my fingers. I lost you then and unknowingly I completely lost myself.

I can't even say I am angry because you did every single thing for me... selflessly but tell me Rhysand, was your faith in me so little that you didn't even bothered asking me.....you wanted to leave me before, you did without any explanations and what I did....I took you back the second you came to me, I let you touch me.

I give you the reins of the heart, body and soul.

When I surrendered in the castle, I respected you enough to tell you, I didn't weaved conspiracies and feed you lies, I was truthful to you....always.

You decided to sacrifice your life, you knew what you were doing, it was a plan and yet you didn't found me worthy enough to asked me once if I could handle you being gone.I don't care about living Rhy, I have died thousand deaths when you laid infront of me motionless.

It wasn't okay.....it wasn't fine what you did, it wasn't right when you decieved me...even for my well-being."

"Whatever your punishment will be....I accept it Medusa." She clutched him and  cried, wailing pathetically as he stroked her hair, his own hands trembling.

"I was so engrossed in my own grief that I couldn't see what happened to me was toxic.

I am not mentally fit Rhy, I had always seeked of acceptance because I truly never accepted my own self. The years of trauma have left me a insecure and a bitter soul, I don't deserve you Rhy...not now.

Your birth-givers were horrible people Rhy, the last thing you need is a mate sucking the energy out of your soul and dragging you down. The last thing you deserve is a person who would wear you down, spread poison in your happiness.

If I accept this now what I will teach our pups? The woman who knows nothing about self-love and self-respect is not fit for it.

I pushed all my problems and the way people treated me under rug, pretending each and everytime that nothing was wrong.

I picked my pieces and fixed it only to be broken again and again so much so that now I don't feel like a person anymore, I feel like an object discarded each and everytime." Medusa rubbed her chest to ease the pain a little making Rhysand's soul weigh down with agony.

"NO! No no no" Rhysand clutched her tighter. His eyes bloodshot, brimming with tears as he mumbled the same word again and again.

Zion and Lucien couldn't speak and one of them recalled the horrible events that his daughter was thrusted into because of him and Lucien felt like the biggest failure, a true traitor ,guilt eating his insides.

"I need to go Rhy, I need to heal. It's wasn't fine what any of you did to me."

"Listen to me Medi! Listen to me baby...I will be a good to you, i will try harder....please, please don't go."
He cried making her sob harder.

"I-I am going for only to return to you Rhy, I love too much to destroy you.Do you trust me? "

"I trust you babygirl, I love you Medusa and for being so brave I am proud of you." He whispered kissing her forehead making her embrace him tighter.

**********
True love makes you grow and be a better version of yourself.

Medusa could have accepted him right away but that's not how life is.

Rhysand could have thrown a tantrum and be mad like an immature child but he truly loves Medusa and he himself needs to heal.

Years of abuse don't get whooshed out in a day.

Peace is important and it comes from within.

Tell me your thoughts.❤️❤️❤️❤️

❤️❤️❤️❤️