Chapter 3: New Friends

Start from the beginning

"I-it was nothing really," said Midoriya with a shy smile. "I just wanted her to be safe."

"Would you tell me why?" Asked Uncle Mimic curiously.

"I have a dream to be a hero," said Midoriya with a brave face. "I want to be a hero who saves people with a smile on my face. To go beyond my limits to protect others."

Uncle Mimic smiled at the hero's answer. "Impressive," he said. "I like the way you think."

Shantae had a big smile on her face as she heard Midoriya's answer. She then felt a small blush form on her cheeks and a warm feeling in her chest.

There's that feeling again, she thought. What is this feeling? What's wrong with me?

"Well," said Uncle Mimic. "I'm sure you'll be an amazing hero."

"Thank you, sir," said Deku bashfully. "I'll do my very best."

SQUAWK!!!

Suddenly, something landed on top of the hero's head, making him jump slightly. It felt like the feet and talons of a bird.

"Wrench," said a new voice. "Get back here. It's not nice to land on people's heads."

Midoriya turned around and saw a girl who looked to be Shantae's age. He blushed slightly at her appearance: She wore a blue hood and cape, a light blue bandana on the top of her head, a top that was blue and pink, a brown leather glove on her left hand, a leather strap on her right wrist, a pair of white pants, brown leather boots, and blue-and-pink colored earrings that looked like bird eggs. She had purple eyes and strands of blond hair. To top it all off, her midriff was fully exposed just like Shantae's.

 To top it all off, her midriff was fully exposed just like Shantae's

Does every female expose their midriff here? He wondered. It must be to make sure they don't overheat.

He then felt the weight on his head disappear. He saw a purple bird with blue wings fly over to the newcomer and land on her glove.

"Oh, Wrench," said the girl while nuzzling and petting the bird. "You need to learn to not land on other people's heads."

"Sky," said Shantae happily as she ran over to the newcomer and hugged her. "It's so good to see you and Wrench."

"Hello, Shantae," said the girl as she returned the hug. She saw Midoriya and gave him a smile.

"Oh, Sky," said Shantae as she led the girl to the green-haired boy. "I'd like you to meet Izuku Midoriya."

"H-hello," said Midoriya shyly. "I-it's nice to meet you."

"Well, hello Izuku," said the girl. "My name is Sky. I'm a bird trainer."

"You train birds?" Asked Midoriya. "Wow! So, are you Shantae's friend?"

"Yes," answered Sky. "Though she treats me like an older sister."