The Elements - Chapter 1

Ember walked into the main room of the Canterlot castle. It was the most fantastic room she had ever seen, the floor-to-ceiling windows illuminating the amazing space. The room was big enough to hold hundreds of ponies, and Ember could imagine all the Gala guests dancing on the marble floor. She thought she could almost hear the calming music, then she realized that there was a small group of ponies playing on stage. She waved hello to them on her way up the grand staircase. She examined the intricate stained glass windows, depicting the famous Elements of Harmony defeating Nighmare Moon and Discord. 

She followed the guards that had been waiting for her at the top of the stairs. She tried to make conversation with them. "So... How is it being a royal guard?"

 No answer.

 "Okay, let's talk about something else. What is the Princess like? Have you met her?"

 Again, nothing.

 Ember sighed and followed the guards through the halls. The hallways were almost as fancy as the grand entrance. Although, there was too much purple for Ember's taste. She wondered where the royal guards could be taking her. The castle was much larger and more complicated than it had appeared from the outside. They finally turned and walked into another huge room. This room was also purple, with more stained glass windows. Princess Celestia was lying on a couch, which again, was purple. There was another purple couch across the table, and Celestia motion for her to sit down.

 "Welcome, Ember!" The Princess said with a smile.

 "Um... Hello, Princess." Ember replied, not nearly as enthusiastically. She had to will herself not to set her mane on fire, she had to control her power, even if she was nervous.

 "Well, I'm sure you know why I've summoned you!" Celestia said, still smiling.

 "Actually, I don't."

 "Oh! Then let me explain!" Celestia looked a little less happy now. "I found this letter, telling of another civilization of ponies. We have gathered together a small group of ponies with unique abilities to help find this place, and make contact with, and hopefully befriend these ponies. You will meet the others soon, if you accept this."

 "Why didn't you just send the Elements of Harmony?"

 "They are... busy, right now."

 "Okay... Why me?" Ember asked the question that Celestia knew was coming.

 "You have power over fire, correct?"

 "Yeah, but, what's so special about that?"

 "We, Luna and I, have found other ponies with similar talents, not Fire, but Water, Earth, Air, Light, and Darkness. We have also found an explorer willing to help you on your quest."

 "And if I accept?" 

 "You and the six others will be sent off on your journey, you may choose to go through either the Dragon Kingdom or the Griffin Kingdom."

 "What happens if I don't accept?"

 "Then I send you to the moon!"

 Ember looked shocked.

 "I'm just kidding! Stop worrying so much. It will be fine!" Under her breath she added, "Hopefully."

 "Can I meet these ponies that I will be working with?"

 "If you accept."

 "Fine, I'll do it."

 Celestia smiled again, "Fantastic!"