"No, no, Ophelia you said I'd never lose you." He said plainly, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You also told me that you weren't the leader of the knights of Walpurgis. I never thought you would lose me. But you are doing a damn good job." She said her face still stony but her tear stained cheeks told a different story.

"You said you were mine." He said walking and standing behind her, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"I was." She said, looking down at the ring and the wand in her hand. "You killed someone Tom. I've stolen, Ive forged, but you killed someone. You are the reason I got attacked. You gave that order if I can't trust you of all people I-."

"I never meant it to be you." He said, "you're mine. I love you. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"Was." She said. Tears rolling down her cheeks. She stood up and left the wand and ring on the desk. "You killed someone. You know everyone told me you wouldn't change. My brother said you were bad news. Sandra told me I was insane."

"You love me," he said wrapping his arms around her.

"I'll find a way to get over it." She sobbed turning around to hug him tightly one last time, she was sobbing, this wasn't the reveal she was planning on. "My family, we aren't good people but you make us look like bloody saints." She laughed into him, as he wrapped his arms around her taking in the scent of honey.

He wasn't paying any attention to what she said, focusing on himself. How he felt. Now that she was leaving him.

"No, you're not leaving me." He said picking her up and placing her on the desk. "You're the reason I can cast a patronus, You're the reason I am happy most days, you're mine."

"Tom," she touched his face, "You broke my heart. You referred to me as your whore." He placed his forehead on hers, "because you were embarrassed of my blood status, it wasn't good enough I guess, I wasn't good enough." He shook his head and held her hand to his face. "You run a blood supremacy cult that attacked me, you've killed at least once. You told me you had nothing to do with them. The Knights of whatever. Not even a lie by omission."

"You are good enough." He murmured, "you're more than good enough."

"I tried I really did I thought maybe you'd tell me everything, and I could find a way to love all of you." She said as tears slipped out of her eyes.

"Can you?" He asked.

"Can you put all of it behind you?" She asked, "The murder, the blood supremacy."

He said nothing for a while. "Immortality that's my life's goal."

"That's a no. Then no. I can't. I can't be with someone who is actively against the laws of nature, my family, my friends, and himself. Love, you are going to tear yourself apart trying to attain immortality." Said Ophelia and Tom put his arm around her back. She melted a little bit, "I-I can't sit still and watch as you ruin your own life. Because I love you. I can't be complicit in the destruction of the man that I love."

"Don't leave me, Ophelia. I need you." Said Tom and her tears fell faster her breath short.

"Don't do this to yourself, Tom." Said Ophelia, "Don't do this to the world. And never call me a whore."

"Ophelia, I can't stop." He said honestly. He kissed her briefly before she pushed him away lightly.

"I can't watch." Said Ophelia, her breath ragged, "I was coming to tell you everything you know? About my family? I wanted to. I really did. But I can't trust you. You lied to me."

"I was more honest with you than I've ever been." He said.

"My parents taught me how to deceive. To take care of myself, so I never fell in with the wrong people. But I guess they failed." Said Ophelia honestly.

Tom didn't pay attention to her life. He payed attention to the fact that she was trying to exit his life.

"It's over, Tom." She said as she pushed him away from her and left the room.

Tom stood there in shock. This morning he had it all. He had woken with Ophelia in his arms smiling as she bid him good morning. But just because she had run into Lestrange before him he had lost the first person to ever make him feel happy.

Lestrange was punished.

But that didn't change the fact that Ophelia Marigold was no longer his.

It didn't change the look of Primrose and Jason's faces as they collected her things from her room for her. Because she didn't want to face Tom.

It didn't change that her room was now completely empty now an empty hole in his life now only smelling vaguely of honey.

It didn't change that Tom Riddle had lost the only person who had ever loved him.