"We can come and go whenever we please." Luke smiled.

"This is so perfect, Luke." She turned around, her forehead leaning against his own. "I love you so much."

Luke smiled, his hand cupping her cheek as he leant in to press his lips against her own. A short, sweet kiss. It wasn't the first and Luke hoped it wouldn't be the last. "I'm glad."

Artemis laughed in surprise as Luke scooped her up into a bridal style hold. She pressed a gentle kiss to his jaw as he carried her into the cabin, kicking open the door as they went. Luke had to resist the temptation to sing All Star knowing that it would ruin the moment.

Luke adored Artemis. Not once did his gaze move from her face as he walked her around the log cabin, watching as the smile only her face only seemed to grow. He was thrilled knowing that his purchase had been successful; he was the person that had brought this smile to her face. Luke would do anything to make Artemis smile. She was his world.

Luke set Artemis down on the king-sized bed in their room. He took a few seconds to admire the way the sun landed on her face, highlighting the eyes that he often felt he was living through. He pressed a kiss to her dainty nose, causing a laugh to emit from the girl.

"I'm going to grab our suitcases." He smiled.

"But I didn't pack a suitcase, Luke."

Luke smiled. "I'm good like that."

Artemis stood up, moving to go and help Luke with their bags but the tall blond man shook his head.

"I'll get them." He said. "You should explore a little more. This is your gift." He turned and left the room, leaving Artemis to smile after the man she loved so dearly.

The blue-eyed girl walked up to the huge window and sliding glass door in the cabin's kitchen. She gazed out at the lake that rested behind the little log cabin, it cool crystal clear waters almost mimicking Luke's eyes. She smiled at the thought, watching as the sun danced across the surface of the water.

It's strange, Artemis thought, how they had ended up here. From an outsiders view, Artemis and Luke were not the perfect match. Artemis was icy; she sent shivers down Luke's spine and numbed his bare skin. Luke was a hot-headed blaze; his touch left Artemis burning and singed.

But to those who knew them, they were a little different. The pair were still polar opposites, but they made it work. Artemis kept Luke's flames contained, and Luke kept Artemis warm. They weren't perfect, but they still loved one another.

"We could go skinny dipping?" Luke suggested, once again wrapping his arms around her middle.

Artemis laughed, lightly slapping Luke's hand. "No!" She hummed, before mumbling, "maybe later."

Luke turned Artemis around so that she was facing him. He pressed a kiss to her lips, laced the fingers of his right hand with her own and said quietly, "follow me."

He lead her through the picturesque wood, following the perimeter of the lake. Artemis admired the smile on Luke's face, dimples deep in his cheeks. She laughed to herself, gaining Luke's curiosity.

"What are you laughing at?"

"If anyone else was leading me through an isolated wood," she explained, smiling, "I would be fearing for my life."

Luke laughed. "I'm going to take that as a compliment."

Artemis gasped as her she caught sight of the area before her. The trees parted to create a little clearing beside the lake. A big blue blanket had been spread out across the woodland floor. On top of it, cushions and throws had bee scattered across it, with a wicker basket sat in the middle. Battery-powered fairy lights were wrapped around the handle of the basket and two lanterns sat on either side of it. Although it wasn't dark yet, Artemis thought they were cute.

"Do you like it?" Luke asked, and for a moment Artemis thought she could hear his voice shaking. She brushed it off, however, assuming that he was just excited about setting this up.

"I love it!" She breathed out, pulling him into a kiss. "What did I do to deserve you." She breathed out.

"Reverse Uno card."

The blue-haired girl laughed as the two sat down on the blanket.

Luke leant forward, opening the basket it. "We both know I can't cook," he said, reaching into the basket, "so I ordered Postmates." He pulled the food out of the basket. Artemis laughed. "I ordered it when we first arrived and then met the guy and set all this up when I was grabbing the suitcases. But I'm hoping the wine makes up for it."

Artemis pressed a kiss to his lips once again. "Luke, it's perfect."

The two ate, laughing and talking about everything and anything. Throws were wrapped around their shoulders as Artemis leant against Luke. She closed her eyes, concentrating on the rise and fall of his chest, the sound of his soft breathing. He calmed her down, allowing her to be herself.

Luke moved and she sat up, watching as he moved so that he was in front of her. He grabbed the wine bottle refilling their glasses. He sipped from his own, almost as if contemplating his next actions. Artemis would have thought he was acting weird, but she had seen Luke do stranger things. His fingers tapped out a repetitive beat on his skinny jeans before he moved to tuck a nonexistent strand of blond curly hair behind his ear. Luke smiled at her, his eyes crinkling and the dimples in his cheeks were little half-moons.

"You've got a million reasons to hesitate."