How Did you Find Me?

"What are you talking about, sis? How in the world are you getting married? You went for a job interview" she asks in an astonished tone.

"So you didn't explain the details of the job to your sister?" He asks while looking at me, shocked.

"No, because I didn't think I would get it, and after what you said, I was positive that I was not even in the running for it," crossing my arms while talking in a hushed tone.

"Get your things together, and we will discuss all the details on the way to our house. I will answer any questions you or your sister may have" he says in a hurried tone to try and rush us out of the house immediately before he gets any dirt on him.

I look at him and stand there stone still. It feels like I can't move, my feet feel like they weigh thousand pounds.

"Cory, go get their belongings and load them up. We need to be back at the house in an hour" he says as he turns around to his brother that just walked in the door.

"No! I'll get my items" Bailey squeaks out as she rushes to her room.

I sigh, dropping my arms turning around towards my room, gathering my clothes throwing them in an old bag that is in my closet because we don't have a suitcase and not a ton of clothes either. Maybe about twenty outfits in all. Most are from the donation stores that we shop at on Sundays since they have all their clothes marked down to fifty cents. I hear a low voice coming from the front of the house.

"Her sister is a beautiful woman, man" I hear Cory's voice flow down the hall and into my room.

"Yeah, you would be looking, wouldn't you?" I hear Danny say back in a snarling tone.

"I have eyes just like you. They both are gorgeous" he says in a lower voice.

"You know the arrangement man, don't get attached" Danny says gruffly.

"That's your motto, not mine. I'm free to find true love then marry for it. I don't have to buy a woman to have children for me. I can find one on my own having a good life with a beautiful woman" he says in a very firm voice.

"I don't want the emotional attachment of a woman. I want an heir to take over the company one day. Raise it as my own the way I want to without a woman interfering with me and my ways" he says in a flat tone.

"You're doing it the wrong way, man. Having a strong woman by your side, helping out with everything is what a true relationship is going to work. You do it your way; I will do it mine" Cory chimes back.

"Thank you" Danny says in a cheerful voice.

"I'm just saying that you were very impressed with her after your meeting. You said no one else was like her, plus the way she stood up to all of us massively impressed you" Cory says in a soft voice.

"So? She was the only virgin we interviewed; that was one of the main things I was looking for" he said in a very mean tone.

"What does that matter? Why does your wife have to be that?" Cory asks.

"I'm not having a child born of a woman that has been with god knows how many men. I want my child born of a pure woman that has only had sex with me and me only" Danny fires off.

"If you're going to have sexual relations with this woman, how do you know you won"t fall for her?" Cory asks.

"I can cut those emotions off. I don't fall in love, and you know that" he says.

"I don't believe that. We will see then" Cory says in a joking tone.

We walk back into the room with our old bags then follow the men out to the waiting limo.