The Interview

"Number thirty-five," the receptionist calls out again in a cold flat voice like she's bored to death doing this again. "Mr. Tucker will see you now."

My heart speeds up as I slowly stand and try to get my legs working because of the numbness set up in them. I try my best to look graceful as I walk towards those huge doors that loomed in front of me. I'm clutching the file to my chest while hoping that the answer to my prayers is sitting right behind those huge doors. I could swear that everyone in there could hear my heart as it pounded in my chest; I walked by them in a simple blue dress and white flat shoes. Everyone else that cut has on designer dresses, shoes, along costly jewelry.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly push on the huge golden handles that lined the door at least four feet long. As I enter the office of Danny Tucker, my legs start to shake a little, and my nervousness just shot up to the highest I think it has ever been with me.

I look around the office, and it was breathtaking to someone who comes from nothing as I do. The interior looked very expensive, seeing how the men are sitting at a huge black desk facing the doors that are closing quietly. In front of the desk is a huge black leather chair facing the long windows looking out over the city. Against the wall were huge cabinets made out of black wood, and behind me was another wooden door that was closed tightly.

Sitting down in the chair across from the men, I surveyed them one by one. An older man was sitting on the end on my far right. He looked to be the oldest of the four with gray hair and piercing blue eyes. His face was pretty soft but with a powerful jawline, with only a few wrinkles, told me that he was of older age.

Next to him sat a younger man who looked no older than maybe twenty-five. Looking at him closely, he could almost pass as a twin to the older man but in a younger version. He has the same blue eyes with a smooth face along with a lean body.

Beside him was another man who looked a little older. He had a very sharp jawline, thick brown hair, and piercing hard brown eyes. He looked very familiar, but I couldn't quite place him. Just looking at his commanding body posture made a shiver run down my spine. The man looked deadly like he was ready to strike out at anything that he might consider was not up to his standards.

The last man in the last chair looked to be the youngest of the three. He had brown hair, soft brown eyes, and a very handsome face with a soft smile. This made me feel not so intimidated, but they all were very muscular under their suits as they hugged each curve. He was the one I liked the most out of all of them. He didn't make me feel like I had just walked into a lion's den holding a huge piece of meat for them to devour.

"Sit down, Miss," says the oldest looking of the men beside the father "We don't have much time. I'm only interviewing for a max of five minutes per person."

I quickly sit in the chair, putting my file on the costly desk, which that man who was right behind the main area looked like he was the coldest of all of them could snap my neck at any time took instantly. He opens the file as his eyes scanned the contents of the paperwork that was inside. His face showed no emotion at all; his eyes looked black as coal.

"What's your name?" the elderly gentleman asked in a nice tone like he was trying to calm me down.

"Danielle Campbell, sir," replied in a quiet tone.

"Where are you from?" the elderly gentleman asked again.

"The north side of LA, sir" saying in a quiet tone again, trying not to let my nerves get the best of me.

"Your poor?" The man with my file looked at me with his stone face.

"Yes, sir" replying to his harsh tone "I have always been this way. Having to work hard to get what I want."