Part 18

The next morning I wake up and put my hair up. I go to the kitchen and open the fridge, it's practically empty. We are gonna have to go to the store. I go into my room and get dressed. I then brush my hair and put it in a low ponytail. I wake up Benny, "Get up. We need to go shopping." I say. He got ready all slow and shit. It annoyed me but at the end of the day, it was whatever. The newscaster was right for once, it was so hot.

We were walking to the store and were only a few minutes in but I was already complaining, "It is so hot out!" Benny looked at me, "I know!" I put my hair up and sighed, "Hopefully it will be cooler in the store." I say. "Hopefully," Benny replied. We got to the store and it was, thankfully, cooler. "Told you so," I say as we grab a cart. Benny just smiled relieved. "We should just buy a lot of groceries in one go so we don't have to keep coming back here," I suggest. "Good idea b- y/n." He says. I smile and blush, "What were you gonna say?" I ask. Benny blushes, " Bananas. We need Bananas. " I laugh. "Sure." We grab the bananas and we get some more food. When we get to the check out the cashier was being weird. I shrugged it off thinking it wasn't a big deal but when we were walking away I heard her say, "Young love at it's finest." I could tell Benny also heard and when we got out of the store we both started cracking up. "She thinks we are a couple!" I laugh. Benny laughs and after a few minutes, he grabs my hand, "Give me some bags. I wanna help." I look at him, "You sure? I think they maybe a little too heavy for you." He rolls his eyes at me, "Give them to me y/n." I shrug and hand them to him. We walk in silence for a little while, "Thanks," I whisper to him even though I didn't have to. He just smiled and keeps walking.

When we get home we put the groceries away and sit down on the couch. It is extremely hot so I turn on a fan and Benny opens up all the windows. "It's hot as hell!" Benny said sitting on the hardwood floor. I sat down next to him, "I know! I can't take it anymore." We both got up and went outside. "Let's get some ice cream or something," I suggest. "Sure," Benny says and we head to the ice cream shop. We get there and there is a long line, "I guess everyone was thinking the same thing as us," I say. "Yeah," Benny says. We get in line and see Yeah-yeah and Scotty a few people ahead of us. Yeah-yeah waves and him and Scotty walk towards us. "Hey, guys!" Yeah-yeah says. "Hey," I reply. "How you guys dealing?" Scotty asks. "Fine, I guess," Benny answers. Yeah-yeah smirks, "What?" I ask. "It's only fine because you guys are making out the whole time. All us normal, single, people are lonely and bored," he says. "We aren't dating," Benny says. "It sure looks like you are," Scotty says. "Shut up," I say. "We are just saying! You guys are so good together!" Yeah-yeah says. "Please stop," I say. They shut up but are still laughing.

When we get to the counter Benny orders first. "Can I get a chocolate cone. What do you want y/n?@ he asks me. "Can I have a vanilla cone," I say. The cashier nods and gives us our total. Benny gives the cashier the money and we wait at the other side. "Vanilla, huh?" Benny says. "Yeah, I wasn't sure what I wanted so I just picked vanilla." I say. Benny just smiles and he starts drumming his fingers on the counter. "Here you guys go," the worker says as he hands us the cones. "Thank you," I say and smile. We walk away and grab a seat. Yeah-yeah and Scotty come over with their ice cream and sit down next to us. We are talking and laughing when Benny puts his hand on mine and interlocks his fingers with mine under the table. I blush but keep eating like it's nothing. Benny gets up and says, "Y/n and I are gonna get going," Yeah-yeah groans, "Already?" Benny rolls his eyes, "Whatever, see you tomorrow." I get up and he grabs my hand and we run home.

When we get home we both fall to the grass and start laughing. It wasn't so much, your funny, laughs. It was more, we are having a good time, laughs. Benny looks at me and starts playing with my hair. "How did you like the ice cream?" He asks me. "Mine was good. What about you?" I ask. "It was good," he says. I nod. He gets up and he holds my hands. I take them and he lifts me up. "Inside?" He asks me. "Okay," I reply. We go inside and Benny brings me to the kitchen. "What shall we have for dinner?" I ask him. "Wanna make something?" he asks me. "Sure, what do you wanna make?" I ask. "Pizza?" He asks me. "Yes please," I say and smile. We grab his mom's recipe book and search for a pizza recipe. We find one and I get the ingredients out. We make the dough and the sauce and stuff and I grab a spoon for Benny and I. Benny takes a scoop of sauce and lathers it on the dough, I do the same. Benny then takes a scoop and flings it at me. "What the hell!" I yell at him. I grab a scoop and fling it at him. He laughs and we continue the pizza. We still have extra supplies and Benny pours it all on me. I scoff and I run at him. I chase him out of the house and into the yard. I finally get him and I throw myself on him. I get him all dirty like me.

We get up and race to the bathroom. Of course Benny gets their first and I have to wait for him to shower. I'm sitting outside when he comes outside and taps on my shoulder. "Your turn," he says. "Thanks," I say and walk to the bathroom. I shower and get dressed when Benny comes to the room, "Pizza is ready," he says. I walk to the living room and the table is set, "Thanks," I say. "Why of course," he says. I laugh and sit down. We eat and watch tv. When we are done eating and done cleaning the dishes it's already 10:30. "It's late we should get some sleep," I say. "I guess," Benny says. I turn the light off and we go into our room. I go into my bed and get into my covers, "Goodnight," I tell Benny. "Night," he replies to me. I fall asleep right away.