Part 11

The next morning I got up early and started getting ready. I went to the lake. I waited an hour and Benny didn't come. I waited another half an hour and he still didn't come. I had finally had enough. I left and started on my way back home when Phillip ran up to me. "Hey y/n!" He yelled. "Hey what's up?" I asked. "Nothing just..." Phillip pulled me in and kisses me,"What the hell." I said as I pulled away.
He laughed and tried to kiss me again. I pushed away from him , "Stay away from me." I said. I was walking down my street when I saw Benny in his front yard. He saw me then walked inside.
What did I even do to him? Nothing. I didn't do anything.
The next morning I woke up in a crappy mood but still got up and ready. I ate breakfast and walked to Scotty's room to get him. He wasn't there so I just walked to the sandlot by myself.
When I got there Benny looked at me then quickly to the ground. Everyone was weirded out from the silence between us two. Later that day Ham walked up to me and asked, "What's with you guys?" He asked. " What do you mean? " I said acting oblivious. Ham looked at me, "You know what I mean." he said. "I don't even know. How about you ask him?" I said. So Ham walked ahead to Benny and talked to him.
I left them be and went inside my house. I sat on the couch for like two minutes then decided to just go and ask Benny what was up.
I walked over to his house and knocked on the door. Benny opened it then he slammed it on my face. What the hell was that about? You walked around the yard to his room and knocked on his window. After a while he finally opened it. "What y/n?" He asked. "I want to know what's wrong with you." I said annoyed. " I have just been thinking." He said. I rolled my eyes, "About how much you hate me?" I asked. He shook his head no. I walked away.
That night I was in my room when I heard a knock on my window. I opened it and Benny hopped inside. "I'm sorry y/n, I dont know what has gotten into me. forgive me?" He asks. I nod and we hug. " Friends? " I ask him. "Friends." He replies.