Chapter 12

Ashleighs POV

Me and Riggs were still up in the bathroom with Rog and now a handful of other people. As for keeping it quiet, well let's just say that the several sirens and shouting people are the opposite of that.

Rog was still sitting on the toilet, with a rather disapproving look on his face.

Despite this being a serious situation Riggs couldn't help but keep smirking at me.

"Hey we'll be back in a minute Rog"Riggs said grabbing my hand as we left the room

"We're are we going?" I asked

"Okay listen, I'm gonna stay behind with Rog, you have to stay outside okay promise me" he said pulling me into one of the quieter rooms in the house

"Riggs-," I started

"No, promise me" he continued

"I'll see you in ten minutes" I said, already trying to tell him they were going to be fine

There was no way he was going to leave Rog alone. And I really don't want to be there when they finally get him off the toilet.

"Oh you'll enjoy this" I said pointing up the corridor to Riggs 'favourite' physiatrists

"Great" he said walking back towards the bathroom.

Just as she was about to walk into the bathroom I saw instant regret across her face.

Riggs put his finger up to his lips and snuck up behind her.

"Riggs!" She said alarmed how closely behind her he was "of course where there's on there's the other."

I gave her a sarcastic smile, knowing she didn't like me.

We headed back into the bathroom. Riggs sat on the edge of the bath and I stood next to the bomb squad leader.

Rog still seemed to be smiling, I think we were all just trying to lighten the mood. Especially since I knew now that there were would be nothing I could do about it.

"Okay it's ready to come out" one of the officers said removing the complete sink and unit.

"Hey, hey" Rog said "I have to live in this house"

"Not the biggest concern right now Rog"

"Okay were gonna clear this room" the bomb squad Leander said aiming it at Riggs

Two of the other men in the room left. But me and Riggs stayed.

"Come on Riggs" he said

"Uh uh" Riggs shook his head

"Riggs you too" he said more sternly this time

"No" Riggs said grabbing my hand pulling me along next to him, just to make sure I didn't leave yet.

"Riggs out" he repeated yet again

This time Riggs said nothing and just stared in the mans eyes emotionlessly. Rog gave me a worried look and I tried to give him my best reassuring smile.

"Alright"he said finally giving up knowing Riggs wanted to stay "Sargent I want you to dive into the tub, when you do pull the bomb blanket down over your head. This is a good old cast iron tub it'll withstand one hell of a blast"

"He can't" Riggs said shaking his head

"Why?" The man asked starting to get impatient

"He can't his legs. He's been on there 18-20 hours he can't even walk let alone jump into a tub" I explained