Chapter 11

Ashleighs POV

Me and Riggs headed to the station while Rog stayed at home for a while.

We got to the station as Riggs found me a replacement gun and badge to use until I got my new ones. We got back in the car, I didn't know where we were going.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked softly

"Sure" I shrugged, just trying to stay focused on everything else for now

"We'll talk about it later" he said gently stroking the back of my hand with his thumb

"Thank you" I said almost silently

We continued driving to the station, my head was still throbbing and my muscles started to ache. I just wanted to get through today then figure it out from there.

I felt the car pull suddenly to a stop at the next junction.

"Riggs!" I said as he didn't slow down.

He pretended to be completely oblivious to the car that tried to pull out at the same time. That's when I realised who it was, that some goddamn prick who tried to kill me.

Riggs just laughed at him and shrugged, while I gave him the finger. The man shot us both dirty looks before Turing around and going the other way.

"I've never wanted to feed someone a bullet so bad in my life" I said through my teeth

"Ooh calm down" Riggs said biting his lip.

"Piss off" I said shoving him, laughing.

Riggs was one of those people who always knew how to lighten the tone. That's what I love about him.

We followed the car and we both had to stop at the traffic lights. Riggs gave him a stern look as the man rolled up his window.

Seconds later he took a right turn towards an angry mob of people holding up apartheid signs, presumably the place where he worked.

"Let's go" Riggs said grabbing my hand as he got out of the truck

We pushed through the crowd towards the front.

"Hey mind if I borrow this?" Riggs asked a man who was holding a large protest sign, while showing him the police badge

"You'll get it back" I said kindly.

Riggs held up the sign as the man in the car waited to be let in to the building. He walked straight out in front of the car and pressed the sign to the windshield. Riggs moved away again as the car started to drive.

The police officer who had been standing at the control box in front of the building approached us.

"Your going to have to leave the premises right now." The man said

I held up my badge as the officer started to back away, giving us an apologetic look.

I nudged Riggs as I noticed the camera in the wall. He took out a cigarette and put it in his mouth and smirked. We both waved over happily at the camera. Surely that would annoy them.

"Let's go" he said making his way back to the car

"What was the point in that?" I asked

"Tormenting them?" He said "let's them know we don't give a fuck, not to mention it's pretty fun"

"Couldn't we jus shoot them" I smirked