Chapter 5~The Video

Chihiro's POV:

The first thing I see is the face of Monokuma, making me shiver some. I was hoping I wouldn't see that bear again...he's pretty creepy...and he's pretty much the reason the four of us died, which makes me dislike him.

• Aaaaaaalright! Here we have a special video for you Chihiro Fujisaki~ •

My eyes widen some. Huh...? Did...Mukuro program this video to do that...?

• Here you will learn about what happened after your death! Isn't that exciting~! •

I sigh some. No it isn't...not at all...it makes me more nervous then excited...

• First! Here's the state of your body~! •

An image of my body shows, my eyes widening when I see that...it looks different. I'm...hanging there...strung up by what looks to be...an extension cord. Why...is it like this...? Why is...there also writing on the wall...? Mondo...didn't do this...did he...? No...I was killed in the boys locker room, though he could've just done this after he killed me...but why do it in the girls locker room...? It would've been easier to just keep me in the boys locker room and do it there...and why would he write 'Blood Lust'? Is that supposed to mean something...?

Now that you've seen your body, it's time for the class trial~! This one has some iiiiiinteresting twists, so I hope you enjoy it~!

I start to get confused. Twists...? What...kind of twists...?

~2 hours later~

Once the trial finishes, I stare at the mono pad in shock and disbelief. I-I can't believe this. Firstly...I find out that Toko, someone who's pessimistic and gloomy, is Genocide Jack...a major serial killer. I've heard of this serial killer before, but...never thought that the killer would be a girl...especially Toko of all people. The other classmates accused her of killing me, but...she thought I was a girl before this trial, which destroyed their accusations since...Genocide Jack only killed boys. I shudder some. It was...scary to think about. I was always afraid that the serial killer would find out about me...at least they didn't...until now. Now I'm afraid of...what will happen when Toko wakes up...

During the trial, the other students of course found out about me being a boy. Kyoko wanted them to know because she knew that it would help with the trial...I look down some. It...honestly surprised me that she...already knew. How did she figure it out...? I thought...I hid it well. I sigh a bit. Oh well...at least they know now...I hope they're okay with it. I know some may not be...well...I know for sure one person who definitely won't be...at least...I think they won't.

I shiver some, remembering a certain moment in the trial. Byakuya...he was...the one who hung me up. Why...? I know he wanted to pin it on Toko, but...I don't understand. How could he do something like this...? I know he didn't like me, but to go that far...I'm not saying he wouldn't do something like this, but what would he gain from it...? He had no clue Mondo killed me...so...did he...do it for fun...? I start to get kinda nervous. What's gonna happen when he wakes up...? What if he...I shake away my thoughts. I don't want to think about that...

After they figured out it was Mondo, it...made me upset. I'm glad he wasn't the one who hung up my body, but...he was still the one who killed me...I sadden some. To be honest, I felt bad for Taka after that happened...he kept denying and denying that Mondo killed me...he couldn't accept it. I sigh a bit to myself. Now that the trials over...I...get to find out why Mondo did it...I take a breath before I continue on with the video.

• Whew! What a craaaaaazy trial~! Now it's time to hear what the culprit has to say! •

I sadden some when the first thing I see is...Taka breaking down. Taka isn't taking this well at all...I'd comfort him if I could...when Monokuma starts talking about me, I sigh some. He's completely right about all of that...though...I honestly wish that I would've told them. If I did tell them...I would've stayed alive...well...thinking about it now I'd probably still die because of Genocide Jack. I will say...I do have to kinda thank Monokuma for threatening to tell my secret...like he said...it motivated me...and it still does! I...will become stronger. 

I shake away my thoughts and continue on with the video, my eyes widening some. Mondo...moved my body to...protect my secret...? He did that...for me? Even after I was dead? As the explanation goes on I start to understand a bit. I had a feeling my death was because of his secret, but he didn't have to tell me...he could've just said no and left it at that. There has to be more to this...it can't be...just because of that. When Monokuma suddenly appears on the screen again without any warning, I jump a little. I wasn't expecting him to jump-scare me...even though I really should've expected it...since it's Monokuma.

• At this part of the video, we get to figure out your killers secret~! •

My eyes widened some. Mondo's...secret...? I continue to watch the video curiously.

• Mondo killed his own older brother! •

I covered my mouth in shock. H-He...killed his brother...? W-Why would he do that...? As I listen to Monokuma explaining Mondo's secret, I was both surprised and...confused. Daiya...I remember him mentioning that name before he killed me...he was talking about his brother. From what I've watched...he admired Daiya...like I admired him, but...he wanted to be stronger then him...no matter what. The thing is...his secret mentioned that he killed Daiya, but...he didn't. His brother saved him from getting hurt and...dying...so the secret was wrong. I guess he believes that he was the reason his brother died...and all of this started the promise between men he talked about...I sadden some. Mondo...I...had no idea. You were so afraid...so anxious about others finding out your secret...kinda like me, but-

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when the screen suddenly changes to our conversation in the locker room. My eyes widen some. This was what happened before...he killed me...it was the exact same conversation, until...I heard a louder version of Mondo's voice speak out while this was playing.

His words were like a knife in my gut...I felt like he was exposing the lie I've been living myself.

W-What...?

I was...jealous. I was jealous of Chihiro's strength.

J-Jealous...? Of my strength...? What does he- I couldn't finish my thoughts once I heard what he said next.

He had the strength to face his own weaknesses, to try and overcome it...! It was the kind of strength I've never had...so I was jealous of him. And that jealousy...broke me.

I sat down the mono pad as our conversation continued to play. I...I get it now...me telling him that I wrapped myself in lies and wanted to change...he saw that in himself, but...unlike me he was afraid to face the weakness he had. He believed that...I was stronger then him because of that...which is why he was reacting differently when I kept calling him strong. I was thinking physically strong while...he wasn't...taking a breath I pick the mono pad back up, getting emotional as I watch the rest of the explanation. Hearing him say he's weak...that he regretted what he did...made me want to cry. Mondo...you didn't mean it...I know you didn't...I understand now. D-Don't be sorry...I feel tears roll down my face.

• Now it's time to see your killer, Mondo Owada, be executed~! •

I didn't want to watch...I really didn't, but...I had no choice. As I watched his execution, tears started to flow down my face. Mondo...watching him ride around in that cage...while it was electrified...I started to shake some. Mondo...I'm sorry...you went through something so awful because of me...before I could hear what Monokuma says next, I throw away the mono pad and run out of my room. I have to see him...I'm still nervous...I'm afraid to be near him, but...I have to. I have to face him...despite everything...I can't be scared.