It registers after a few seconds that the boy is talking to me. He looks back at me, shoulder length chestnut hair stuck to cherry cheeks, lower lip quivering and almond eyes wet with tears. A stick of eyeliner rests dejectedly in his hand. My heart sinks at the sight.

I offer him a soft smile, throwing the covers off my body. "Of course I'll help you."

He swipes at his eyes, smearing product across his face. "Really?"

"I'd love to."

Hope and gratitude blooms in the boy's expression. He takes one last look at his reflexion before hopping down from the stool and racing to my bathroom.

As I wait for him to return I attempt to bring some order back to the vanity. Then I randomly set aside various tubes and containers of shades that I hope will do the trick. Half I can't even identify. It's not that I'm bad at makeup — just ill practised. Makeup and fashion are more of Nayeon's domain.

The boy returns with a fresh face, red and dripping with water. He smiles brightly as he clambers back up on the seat, kicking his legs out excitedly. Cute.

I grab a nondescript tub of cream and begin my work.

"I'm Sejun," the brunette introduces, flashing a toothy smile. He's missing his two front teeth. "Chul is my twin. We don't look alike though. My hair is longer."

"I'm Taehee. And I think your hair is really cool."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am," Sejun says with a mock professional accent. "Do you wear a lot of makeup?"

"Sometimes," I muse. "I'm not that good though and I don't usually have much time."

"Why?"

I shrug. "There's lots to do. I have to study, go to work, sleep...eat!" I teasingly poke his belly and Sejun dissolves in giggles. "That's my favourite part of the day."

"Me too!"

"What's your favourite food?"

Eyes like crescent moons Sejun babbles on, allowing me to transform his features. Obviously ice cream, silly was his answer, to which we both agreed chocolate was the best flavour rivalled only by cookie dough. We discussed his favourite subjects in school (Languages and Music), what him and his friends liked to do for fun and this new book he's reading (his first chapter book!) about dragons and princesses.

Where Iseul has the same streak of mischief as his brother, Sejun is an absolute angel.

Once I'm finished with his makeup, I ask him: "do you want me to do your hair?"

He nods his head so vigorously that I laugh.

I spend the next little while listening to Sejun talk as I run a brush through his hair, untangling the messy locks. He runs his mouth like a river, chatting my ear off with non-stop blabber. With nimble fingers, I separate and twist his hair into twin french braids, trying hard on my end to keep up.

When I'm finished, Sejun's smile is absolutely earth shattering.

I watch him admire the hairstyle and his makeup from all angles, a curious look of awe dancing across his features. As a finishing touch, I dig through my suitcase and produce a sparkly headband which I place upon his head like a crown.

"There," I say softly, resting my hands on his shoulders. "A crown fit for royalty."

His cheeks flush an elated shade of pink. "I look like a princess!"