Chapter 6

We walk the path back by the trolls cave horde with the horses trailing behind us.

"Look what Gandalf save me." Bilbo says to me. He pulls out a sword like mine but his is much fancier.

"Oh wow..." I say. "That's beautiful."

"He says it will glow blue when Goblins or Orcs are near by." Bilbo puts the sword back into its sheathe.

"That'll come in handy." I reply.

I look down into the cave and see Bofur Gloin and Nori burying a chest. Dwalin looks down to them and Gloin says "We're making a long term deposit."

I chuckle "Dwarves!"

"Guilty as charged." Gloin replies with a smile.

"Lets get out of this foul place." Thorin says. "Come on let's go." He says as he's walking out of the cave. Then he looks back for a moment. "Bofur. Gloin. Nori."

They come out of the cave and meet us at the top. Gandalf pulls me aside. "Y/N that sword, it is of elvish make. Just as Bilbo's sword is. Yours will also glow blue if there are Goblins or Orcs near by."

"Thank you, Gandalf.... but Im best with a bow! You know this. You taught me yourself." I tell him.

"Yes dear one. I know. You are quite skilled with a sword as well. For now you will have to make due." Gandalf pulls Bilbo over. "I hope you never have to use these swords. But if you do remember this: true courage is about knowing not when to take a life but when to spare one."

"Something's coming!" Thorin warns us.

"Gandalf?" Bilbo asks a bit unsure.

"Stay together!" Gandalf tells everyone. "Hurry now! Arm yourselves!"

I follow behind Gandalf with my sword in hand. We hear a loud rustling as if something big is coming at us very fast.

"Thieves! Fire! Murder!" We hear a voice yell out as a pack of rather large rabbits tied to a sled come rushing out of the forest.

"Radagast!" Gandalf says relieved. He had told us earlier about the other wizards in middle earth. Radagast he seemed quite fond of. "It's Radagast the Brown. Well..... What on earth are you doing hear?" Gandalf asks him.

"I was looking for you, Gandalf. Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong!" Radagast then goes into telling Gandalf of how the Greenwood is very sick because of the evil in Dul Guldor. Of a Necromancer living in Dul Guldor.

As Radagast speaks he becomes more and more unnerved. "Here," Gandalf says. "Try a little Old Toby. It'll help settle your nerves."

Radagast breathe in from the pipe. "Now out." Gandalf says. He breathes the smoke out through his nose and some comes out of his ears. I smile at the silly sight.

"Now, a Necromancer. Are you sure?" Gandalf asks, doubtful.

Radagast pulls a long bundle out of his coat and hands it to him. Gandalf unwraps it enough to see that it is a sword. "That is not from the world of the living." Radagast whispers to him.

Just the we hear a piercing howl. "Was that a wolf?" Bilbo asks. "Are...are there wolves out there?"

"Wolves... No. That is not a wolf!" Bofur says as he scans the forest. "Stay close to me." He whispers to me.

I nod and bring my sword up. Ready and a tad eager to fight. "Look!" I yell as I see the beast behind us.

It jumps down at us with a loud growl. Thorin kills it with his hammer. "Kili! Your bow!" I yell at his as a see another beast charging at us.

Kili easly shoots it and I stab it through its neck, killing it."Ooh a lassie who can fight!" Bofur smiles at me. I return the smile.

"Warg scouts!" Thorin says as he pulls his sword out of ones head. "Which means an Orc pack is not far behind."

"Great..." I mutter.

"Orc pack?" Bilbo asks worriedly.

"Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?" Gandalf asks Thorin with a since of urgency.

"No one." Thorin replies.

"Who did you tell?!" Gandalf asks again.

"No one! I swear!" Thorin tells him. "What in Durin's name is going on?"

"You're being hunted." Gandalf says.

"We have to get out of here!" Dwalin says urgently.

"We can't! We have no ponies!" Ori tells us. "They bolted!"

"Fantastic..." I say sarcastically.

"I'll draw them off." Says Radagast.

Gandalf turns back to Radagast. "These are Gundabad Wargs. They will out run you!"

Radagast smiles. "These are Rhosgobel Rabbits. I would like to see them try."

"Cocky much..." I whisper with a smile.

Radagast turns to me and winks. "Much." He jumps on the sleigh and the rabbits take off running to draw off the Wargs.

"Run?" I ask.

Gandalf nods. "Run!"