Chapter 2

Hiding their ever blossoming relationship from Master Luke was difficult for Sofie and Ben. They often resorted to walking far away from the main temple in order to feel secure, although neither of them could say what would happen if Master Luke discovered that they had done the complete opposite of drifting apart.

Sofie agreed to meet up with Ben one day at the edge of the forest. They agreed that right before sunset would be a perfect time.

She put on a cape with a hood to hide, just in case. Then Sofie walked the 10 minutes to the spot and found Ben waiting. He looked more serious than usual.

"Hey," she greeted him and sat on a tree stump next to him.

"Hey there," he said back to her.

"Are you ok? You seem weird." She asked him, trying to read his face.

Ben looked at her with an understanding, but sad look.

There was a conflict inside his mind, and it wouldn't leave him alone. It really wasn't anything new, but it had been different recently. Before, his feelings were limited to himself. Now, Sofie was involved. He didn't want to lose her, and he also wanted her to see his perspective.

Snoke, invading the thoughts inside his head, had been incessant that Luke would take her from him.

' How do you know she's really dedicated to you and that Skywalker won't take her in an instant?' He already tried once before to keep you from her

Ben looked at her, noticing her cappuccino brown hair that had lightly been kissed by the sun. Her cheeks brushed by pink as she looked at him back. Her pink lips parsed into a smile as she attempted to read his mind.

'Look at that beauty.' Snoke echoed, 'I've seen the way she also looks at you, she won't say no, do it.'

Ben hesitated.

'Do. It. ' Snoke insisted again.

Ben quickly grabbed Sofie's face and kissed her. He closed his eyes, even though the kiss was brief.

Once they separated he looked at her with wide eyes. Sofie stood up abruptly. Her stomach twisting, a look of confusion plastered on her face. Their breaths stopped.

"Why did you do that?" Sofie didn't know what else to say.

Ben stood up as well, his head towering over her. A million thoughts going through his head. He grabbed her hand.

"I-- you're beautiful, and nobody's ever treated me like you have before, and I--" Ben stared at her wide eyes.

"I don't want you to leave me." Their faces both softened and turned from shock and into understanding.

Sofie stepped closer to him and held his cheek in her hand, giving him a small peck on the lips.

"I won't." She said and pulled him into a warm embrace.